Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

36 minutes ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Is that 4E carrying 9M's in that video? Does the German skin mean a 4F subvariant by any chance? Externally at least, since differences are small.

No, just skins for the export countries. Some of them had Es straight the same USAF specs, but others stayed with hard wings, different electronics, or later frankenjets with new radars. The latter will not be represented outside of as nice of skins as we can get made. I think Egypt, some Greek jets, and some Israeli jets were received basically as-is from the US and should match what we are getting, but don't expect dedicated Fs, E/EJs, or any of the other exported Es in terms of systems/functions.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

56 minutes ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Not for an F-4 from years after Vietnam

It would be pretty close to the Rivet Haste birds that showed up right at the end of 1972 though right?

Except without TISEO. Not sure about the other internals guts/systems.

5 minutes ago, SgtPappy said:

It would be pretty close to the Rivet Haste birds that showed up right at the end of 1972 though right?

Except without TISEO. Not sure about the other internals guts/systems.

The later TISEO jet could maybe be stretched, but I have a feeling that some systems are still going to be off because again, we're talking later jets/upgrades that were done after Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

3 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Is that 4E carrying 9M's in that video? Does the German skin mean a 4F subvariant by any chance? Externally at least, since differences are small.

I think the F-4F lacked sparrow capabilities which would kinda limit its use (and no reason an F-4E with no sparrow couldn’t fill in) unless they wanted to tease ICE, but that’s not slatted and it would be easy to tell. I think Germany also operated the F-4E too, im not sure the details of those craft.

49 minutes ago, F-2 said:

I think the F-4F lacked sparrow capabilities which would kinda limit its use (and no reason an F-4E with no sparrow couldn’t fill in) unless they wanted to tease ICE, but that’s not slatted and it would be easy to tell. I think Germany also operated the F-4E too, im not sure the details of those craft.

They had around 10 F-4Es that stayed in the US for training German crews, I believe they were at George AFB but I think the Luftwaffe also had some training happening at Holloman.

• Like 1

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

39 minutes ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

They had around 10 F-4Es that stayed in the US for training German crews, I believe they were at George AFB but I think the Luftwaffe also had some training happening at Holloman.

The Germans F-4's were at Holloman AFB...The Luftwaffe still trains there at the GAF Flying Training Center but now its TORNADO aircrews since the Phantoms are gone.

Edited by Manhorne

I am quite curious about whether we will be seeing custom board numbers or if they will be built into the livery, like they are with the F-14 and Viggen. It'd be neat to have dynamic ones if at all possible since that'd cut down on the need for a full pack of skins for just the numbers. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

6 minutes ago, AndytotheD said:

That was excellent to see! Finally it sees the light of day. 

Did we see the cockpit at all? 

Nope

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

1 hour ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

They had 10, crashed a few, and the USAF supplied them with attrition replacements from their stocks of F-4E's. Those Jets were operated at George AFB until 1993 when they moved to Holloman AFB. In 1997, they were replaced by F-4F's from Germany and the F-4F's continued to operate until 2004 when Phantom training ceased at Holloman.

1 hour ago, Manhorne said:

The Germans F-4's were at Holloman AFB...The Luftwaffe still trains there at the GAF Flying Training Center but now its TORNADO aircrews since the Phantoms are gone.

The Luftwaffe had 14 Tornados which arrived in 1996. They ceased flying operations at Holloman in 2019.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

5 hours ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

It's the one from the A Hornet.

Early lot C's had the APG-65 as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

11 hours ago, Heinlein said:

image.png

Is that napalm? 

If that's nape, it didn't behave like it.

Engine limitation if it is.

Edited by MiG21bisFishbedL
  • Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

hace 4 horas, AndytotheD dijo:

That was excellent to see! Finally it sees the light of day. 

Did we see the cockpit at all? 

truth to be told we did not see much cockpit footage in general so it can mean anything. I am just happy that we got so much footage of it in general, but i hope it does not get the "F-15E treatment". Remember in 2022 & beyond where they teased the ever living sºit out of the F-15 and the year came & went but no F-15?  

• Like 5

23 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Yeah, I kinda wish they wouldn't announce something that is years away. Same with the Eurofighter, announced what, 18 months ago now.

Just show me when it's nearly ready 🙂

Thats my wish as well, announce Modules when they have passed all obstacles and are pretty much ready to release. That would easy down the Community a lot.

• Like 5

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

2 hours ago, Maddogmoody said:

I didn't know Tom Selleck flew Phantoms before he was 'famous'

Higgins in the back seat :laugh:

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I don't think that we can communicate anything other than the progress is good and that we're working hard to make it happen as soon as possible. We still need to finish some subjects before we can present our Phantom. It won't happen tomorrow or the day after, but it won't be as long as half a year before we start discussing and showing the details. Stay tuned 🙂

-From heatblur on Reddit

Closest thing to an update we'll get for now 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dcsil2pilot said:

I don't think that we can communicate anything other than the progress is good and that we're working hard to make it happen as soon as possible. We still need to finish some subjects before we can present our Phantom. It won't happen tomorrow or the day after, but it won't be as long as half a year before we start discussing and showing the details. Stay tuned 🙂

-From heatblur on Reddit

Closest thing to an update we'll get for now 

So within 6 months we'll start seeing some stuff from the team.  Sounds good to me although of course I'd love it sooner rather than later 🙂

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula