Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

Man, great to see another legend coming to DCS from HB!  I'll definitely be adding this one to my hangar.

Rig: i9 10900KF @5.3GHz | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 3600MHz | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3090 24GB OC | ASUS Maximus XII Formula | 2x 2TB Intel SSD6 NVMe M.2 | VKB F-14CG on Gunfighter III Base | TM Warthog HOTAS | TM Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Hangar: FC3 | F-86F | F-4E [Pre-Ordered] | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | Mirage 2000C | JF-17 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19P | MiG-21bis | AJS-37 | AV-8B | L39 | C-101 | A-10C/CII | Yak-52 | P-51D | P-47D | Fw 190 A-8/D-9 | Bf 109 | Spitfire | I-16 | UH-1 Huey

1 hour ago, USSInchon said:

I thought the original lot of RN Phantoms had the RR engines that weren't quite a powerful as the GE engines.  The later lots the Brits got had the GEs 

The UK fleet carriers had shorter cats, but the F-4K could compensate for that as the RR Spey is stronger than the J79 at low low altitude. (airvectors.net is always a nice source for reading about warplanes, btw.)

Edited by emg

F4CareNewest.png

I was so excited about this release, I went on an emoji creating spree!

Now I have an F-4, F-104, F-16, A-10, and Su-30 Care Emoji to go with my F-14 Care Emoji!

Edited by Whiskey11
  • Like 6

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

If there was an announcement to shove the F-15E and the Apache into the shadows of Hoggit, it is quite literally this.

I am absolutely floored and cannot wait to fly the USAF version. Thank you, HB

-Alex

i9-12900K | RTX3080 | 32GB DDR4 | Water Cooled | Logitech X56 | TrackIR5 | 34" MSI Curved Widescreen 3440x1440

Yes, another legend!!! 👍

First day buy! 🙂

CockpitPC1: R9 5950X|64GB DDR4|512GB M2SSD|2TB M2SSD|RTX3090|ReverbG2|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|32GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|2x GTX660 SLI|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC1: R9 3900XT|32GB DDR4|2x2TB HDD|RTX2070|Win11Pro - PC2: PhnIIX6 1100T|16GB DDR2|2x2TB HDD|GTX660|Win7Pro64
ComUnitPC3: AthlnIIX2 250|2GB DDR2|2TB HDD|5950Ultra|2xVoodooII SLI|WinXPPro32&WinME - PC4: K6-2+|768MB SDR|640GB HDD|Geforce256DDR|VoodooI|Win98SE

DCS - Modules - 1.jpg

DCS - Modules - 2.jpg

Day 1 purchase for me. Can't wait!

Purchased: FC3 | CA | M2000C | F-5E | C-101 | Mig-21bis | AV-8B NA | L-39 | F-14 | UH-1H | Mi-24P | F-16C | F/A-18C | F1 | MB-339 | F-4E

Maps: Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Syria | Marianas

Comp Specs: i7 13700k, 32gb 3200mhz DDR4, RTX 2070 Super 8gb, 2tb P5 Plus NVME

Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle

Ever since the Tomcat dropped, I had three wishful things in mind to be the next HB module. Those were the Tornado, the F-111 and a collab with ED on that Phantom because of what you guys have done before, especially the multi-crew feature with Jester. I have been laughed at every time I mentioned that possible HB + ED collab as something that would be cool for the Phantom. Now I do laugh at those who kept saying it'd never gonna happen that way rdlaugh.png

As if I knew it all the time... dealwithit.png

Now HB has gotten about 20% cooler! awesome.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

3 hours ago, bies said:

Mandatory pilot model

Robin Olds.jpg

It's a little hard to make out, and with the O2 mask on you can't see the legendary mustache, but at the 00:40 mark of that teaser, I would swear the pilot's helmet says "Col. Olds".

But I can't be sure.  That'd be a lot of awesome in one place.

Edited by Nexus-6
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

5 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

We levied former F4 crews $5 every time they spelled an “F” as “Ph”. 

Who wants to be in charge of the Phantom fine jar?

Well, there's an actual end to the national debt.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I had this feeling an announcement was coming.  The effort going into the Forrestal for what was implied to be more than the Tomcat and Intruder, the unnamed module on the Trello, the work that HB has put into the AI RIO.

I'm excitedly awaiting what I will assume will be an F-4J and possibly an S following the E, but I'll be buying everything HB puts out.  Even if that includes an RF-4.  I couldn't be more thrilled that it's HB doing it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

We levied former F4 crews $5 every time they spelled an “F” as “Ph”. 

Who wants to be in charge of the Phantom fine jar?

Me, it can go to the folks painting F-4 liveries and counting rivets!

27 minutes ago, Nexus-6 said:

It's a little hard to make out, and with the O2 mask on you can't see the legendary mustache, but at the 00:40 mark of that teaser, I would swear the pilot's helmet says "Col. Olds".

But I can't be sure.  That'd be a lot of awesome in one place.

I may or may not have helped facilitate photos of Col Olds' helmet from the USAF museum, which were kindly provided by Hoglan83 on Instagram. Granted I think he was only flying the Cs and/or Ds, but with that being such an iconic AF Phantom legend (like Top Gun is with the Tomcat), I didn't drag my feet.

• Like 2

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]