A Carrier for the Naval Phantom ?

toni

7 minutes ago, toni said:

Hey guys,

If the naval Phantom is developed, I think we need a new Carrier for it. What are your votes for ?

USS Enterprise  CVN 65

USS Kitty Hawk CV 63

USS Constellation 

USS America

USS John F. Kennedy CV 67

F-4J_Phantom_II_of_VF-74_in_flight_over_

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Problem Solved

Also, not IF, but WHEN it is developed, they've already said a Naval variant will come.  More details to be announced in the FAQ, when it gets posted.

Edited by Whiskey11
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

My YT Channel (DCS World, War Thunder and World of Warships)

Too Many Modules to List

--Unapologetically In Love With the F-14-- Anytime Baby! --

I think the Forrestal we have ingame already fits the bill pretty well for the naval variants of the F-4.

• Like 8

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

I could be wrong, I was a WestPac sailor, and I believe the Ranger was the last West Coast carrier with F-4's, the Midway could of still had them too. And that was early 80's. The Forrestall is the perfect boat for Phantoms, Corsair II, Intruder's and Scooters...... A-1D Skyraider would be a nice addition too.

Hoss

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

Getting the rest of the Forrestal class done will probably be the death of Cobra, if he's able to do it.

That said I have a personal hardon for the Kennedy, and it has Tomcat and Intruder tie-ins too. '89 Swordsmen shootdown, strikes after the Beirut bombing, Gulf War, and of course OEF/OIF involvement including VF-103's last Tomcat cruise in 2004.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

16 hours ago, Southernbear said:

Frankly I think Forrestal is enough for the F-4/F-14 duo...but if I had to ask for another aircraft carrier it would have to be CVN-65 Enterprise. 

With which Island structure?

Sempre Fortis

Weren't we getting a Midway with the Corsair, or was that a different carrier? 

I suspect as naval planes start proliferating EA may look into doing more general carrier packs. Trying to run an F-14 out of a modernized Midway could be quite a bit of fun, but not sure it would be required for the F-4 pack, especially since we'll have the Forestall. 

• Like 1