A Carrier for the Naval Phantom ?

toni

On 4/26/2022 at 6:49 PM, Swordsman422 said:

Subjectively, this is not a big selling point for me. But I otherwise agree that the JFK would be a good addition.

I think her long service life and use in 2 "incidents" and 2 conflicts is worth considering. Yes, the Kitty Hawks should be in someday, somehow, but trying to do all 3 can quickly get challenging with the differences in their superstructures and other details. First 2 Forrestals had some differences from the last 2.

Enterprise is the other candidate if you had to do a 1-off, a unique design if you do the work to represent pre- and post-refit islands. And she did at least have 3 F-4J cruises, while the Kennedy went right from F-4Bs to Tomcats when VF-14 and VF-32 started the transition in 1974.

I just think given the maps we currently have in the Med, the JFK checks a bunch of historic boxes and for multiple modules. And for the Pacific, yes the Enterprise would do the same.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 1:04 PM, Bremspropeller said:

You're right, we need a Midway Class CV.

The MIdway will awesome. As would the Kittyhawks. If I had my way the F-8 would come with a Vietnam Essex, the A-6 would come with the Kittyhawks, the F-4 and A-7 would have the Midway or Enterprise. Though I would also like other members of the Gulf of Tonkin Yacht club  

• Like 3