1 hour ago, Krez said:

Chuck - USAF variant. Charles "Chuck" DeBellevue - 6 kills
Duke - USN variant . Randall "Duke" Cunningham - 5 kills

Perhaps HB can bribe duke to do voiceovers. he's out and open for business lol

Edited by Maxthrust
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

The correct answer is Olds or Robin.

Brig. Gen. Robin Olds: Combat Leader and Fighter Ace > National Museum of  the United States Air Force™ > Display

Mustache March: Robin Olds' mustache is just a sliver of his story

nullFile:Robin Olds completes 100th combat mission over North Vietnam.JPG -  Wikimedia Commons

nullA Real Maverick: Robin Olds | The Rake

Plus one on the strength of that 'tache alone..........Although "Robin" or "Olds" dont really have that ring to them, his callsign was "Wolf" I believe, which is waaaay cool.....

BTW, did you know, which I really like, as its very un PC ( Of the era of course..!!) ,  when he teamed up with Daniel "Chappie" James they were known as "Blackman & Robin"  😆 https://www.skillsetmag.com/robin-olds-mustache-during-vietnam/     Heatblur could model us the approriate coloured crew figures!!! Blackman & Robin would look great on the side of the jet!!! 

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 2

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

6 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

The correct answer is Olds or Robin.

He was not a WSO, if anything, 'Olds' should replace 'Iceman' for the pilot A.I. 🙂

• Like 6

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I think that chosing the name (or callsign) of a WSO would be more appropriate, for example Driscoll (who flew with Cunningham) or the Blackman that someone mentioned before.

Inviato dal mio CPH2145 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cab said:

“Chuck” for the F-4E and “Irish” for the Naval variant. 

100% Chuck.

DeBellevue was the first WSO to become an ace, and the highest scoring US Aviator of the Vietnam War. 

Robin or Olds for the Pilot. And suitable Navy equivalents when that module is released.

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

Chuck is way cool as well.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I vote for "Jester" as it's getting complicated with all those different AI names...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

tbh, considering how many lines were recorded for jester, changing that alone would be a *huge* effort on HB's part, and honestly, somewhat unnecessary. Jester will do fine imo.

• Like 2

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

3 minutes ago, BonerCat said:

tbh, considering how many lines were recorded for jester, changing that alone would be a *huge* effort on HB's part, and honestly, somewhat unnecessary. Jester will do fine imo.

100% agree, most of the voice lines will be relevant for the F4 too. No need to redo work. Keep it as Jester.

Unfortunately for HB, they'll have to find a British voice actor and re-record  for when they eventually do a Tornado.

It will most likely remain Jester, as is, tailored to the F4. The effort it would take to re-do everything would blow all scopes and is unrealistic. The JESTER-AI has been created with versatility in mind, and fits in principle more than just the Tomcat. Re-recording everything would delay the module easily by a minimum of 2 more years.

• Like 18

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Hmm, I though this thread was only about changing the callsign, not redoing the voiceovers. 

Are the callsigns ever spoken in any of the AI recordings? Don't remember. 

Edited by some1
  • Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

4 minutes ago, some1 said:

Hmm, I though this thread was only about changing the callsign, not redoing the voiceovers. 

Are the callsigns ever spoken in any of the AI recordings? Don't remember. 

I don't think jester ever refers to himself in 3rd person, not afaik.
But changing the callsign would imply a different person (well, AI in this case) is sitting in the back of the plane, hence the connection to re-recording the lines.

Edited by BonerCat
  • Like 1

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

The thing is that JESTER (hence we usually write it in caps), is really the name of an AI, which ofc gets personalized into a character, and rightfully so. But the re-usable, created sub-product in fact is the "JESTER-AI". Maybe we will give "him" a different name in the F-4, or A-6 respectively, when time comes, but that hasn't been decided upon yet.

In that sense: keep suggesting, we may stumble across something we like and use it, even if the AI will always remain the "JESTER-AI".

• Like 10

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/