Choose the new name for WSO AI. It can't be Jester anymore

phant

Here’s my list of possible names:

Spook

Joker

Stick

Edited by DSplayer

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

SLOB ...

Self-LOading Baggage.

Now, to be fair, the Phantom cant be operated by a single person, the avionics and weapons/radar are too barbaric.

Right, carry on.

2 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

What about Joe?

Joe mama?

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

6 hours ago, Steel Jaw said:

Now, to be fair, the Phantom cant be operated by a single person, the avionics and weapons/radar are too barbaric.

Yep, the guy in the back is frantically shoveling coal into the radar.

Edited by Bozon

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Olaf.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

23 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

100% agree, most of the voice lines will be relevant for the F4 too. No need to redo work. Keep it as Jester.

Unfortunately for HB, they'll have to find a British voice actor and re-record  for when they eventually do a Tornado.

oh thats easy, ask the crew who got shot down day 1. 

21 hours ago, IronMike said:

How about Phester? Jester's older brother. 😄

you mean his uncle? haha

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

12 hours ago, Beirut said:

You mean phive bucks? :happy:

It's Canadian dollars. Ain't worth poop.

I was tempted to write that, but, since I have only euros, I thought better! 😄

On 1/26/2022 at 10:38 AM, markturner1960 said:

BTW, did you know, which I really like, as its very un PC ( Of the era of course..!!) ,  when he teamed up with Daniel "Chappie" James they were known as "Blackman & Robin"  😆 https://www.skillsetmag.com/robin-olds-mustache-during-vietnam/     Heatblur could model us the approriate coloured crew figures!!! Blackman & Robin would look great on the side of the jet!!! 

2 hours ago, JonathanRL said:

Prob not the first to suggest it but Chappy after Daniel James Jr is a solid one. 

Wasn't Chappie a pilot, too? I think we should have a WSO name for the GIB, maybe we can have Chappie for the pilot AI, but I'd say that Robin takes precedence.

And, IIRC, he never flew with Olds on the same Phantom.

Edited by Gianky
Added another quote
  • Like 1

funny thing I keep on seeing is the comments about not having pilot names in WSO AI. Is that when the USAF first got their Phantoms, the WSO was actually a second qualified pilot and not a dedicated WSO crew member. The concept of dedicated radar operators in USAF fighters didn't start till the middle of the vietnam war from what I recollect and it was more for spreading out the number of pilots and aircraft available than fighting force concept (which it turned into, and for the better).

Sources: 
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/what-couldnt-f-4-phantom-do-180953944/