Choose the new name for WSO AI. It can't be Jester anymore

phant

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an expert in voice recognition, but in the F14, "Jester" works really well with my Queen' s English. However, "Iceman" fails more often than not. (I've even added the script "eyes man" to try and get it to work.

So my contribution to this thread is a name (for both front and back) is something that works for those of us that can't afford fancy,multi button joysticks and instead have to rely heavily on voice activated commands to get the RIO/WSO/NAV/PILOT to do what we want.

13 hours ago, F1GHTS-ON said:

I'm not an expert in voice recognition, but in the F14, "Jester" works really well with my Queen' s English. However, "Iceman" fails more often than not. (I've even added the script "eyes man" to try and get it to work.

So my contribution to this thread is a name (for both front and back) is something that works for those of us that can't afford fancy,multi button joysticks and instead have to rely heavily on voice activated commands to get the RIO/WSO/NAV/PILOT to do what we want.

Call him “Chauffeur” instead 😁

• Like 4

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

13 hours ago, Kirk66 said:

Nope, the FUF is the "Chauffeur".

Yep.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 1/26/2022 at 4:08 AM, phant said:

Sully?

Bye
Phant

"Irish" Driscoll, after Duke Cunningham's (the only ace in Vietnam and Maverick's Father in topgun movie) RIO!

Edited by HEXO

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

Ok, if not "Mover" then how about "Bear"

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

18 hours ago, Bulldog_1 said:

Ok, if not "Mover" then how about "Bear"

Wasn’t that generally the title of the EWO’s in the weasel?

It should be - " Willie" as others have said for William Driskoll since the only other Vietnam WSO ace was named...Jeff "Fang" Feinstein😏. I think the choice is clear here. Also " WIllie" will not only help you kill Migs but he can normally weld anything and swap a engine in a 59 Camaro in under 4 hours. A "Jeff Feinstein" does your taxes or checks your prostate.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

1 hour ago, BMGZ06 said:

William Driskoll since the only other Vietnam WSO ace...

Sorry if I'm being (again) picky... it's Driscoll, and the Ace of Aces for the US in the Vietnam war was a WSO, Charles "Chuck" DeBellevue, with 6 kills... there were actually more backseater aces than pilot aces in Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, G.J.S said:

How about a real F-4E WSO......."Vulture"!

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

2 hours ago, Bulldog_1 said:

How about a real F-4E WSO......."Vulture"!

Depends if the crew “get on” , if not then you can call him “the last flare I’ll ever need”.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 2:59 PM, Gianky said:

Sorry if I'm being (again) picky... it's Driscoll, and the Ace of Aces for the US in the Vietnam war was a WSO, Charles "Chuck" DeBellevue, with 6 kills... there were actually more backseater aces than pilot aces in Vietnam.

Ya you are being picky.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:00 AM, G.J.S said:

yes 

On 3/8/2022 at 2:32 PM, BMGZ06 said:

It should be - " Willie" as others have said for William Driskoll since the only other Vietnam WSO ace was named...Jeff "Fang" Feinstein😏. I think the choice is clear here. Also " WIllie" will not only help you kill Migs but he can normally weld anything and swap a engine in a 59 Camaro in under 4 hours. A "Jeff Feinstein" does your taxes or checks your prostate.

Willie was a Rio Chuck Bellevue was the other WSO ace. He was Steve Ritchie's WSO 

• 1 month later...

For the Naval Phantom, how about Jack for tribute to Captain John C "JACK" Ensch who was the RIO to Captain Ronald "MUGS" McKeown during the Vietnam war. They both flew off the Midway and once during a Vietnamese ambush managed to do a backflip to counter a Mig-17 closing in on them

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

On 5/7/2022 at 1:01 AM, 352nd_Hoss said:

For the Apache, the GIF/CPG should of been called Geronimo.

I'd rather vote R2D2... Cockpit looks like the one in in X-Fighter , and there's more electronic around...

Es for nicknames for WSO / RIO here is something useful 🙂

https://aviationhumor.net/the-100-most-creative-pilot-callsigns-with-explanations/

For WSO I Like ALF - Annoying little F*** and ECM - Enlisted Chick Magnet 😄
For NAVY - FORD – Found On Road Dead. After a mission, had a few drinks (it suites a sailor, isn't it?)

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 1