But what Is with the Tornado?

doldi1989web.de

On 1/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, Victory205 said:

Like you, I get such a kick out of these naive content nagging threads that permeate all gamer interaction sites. 

One thing I’ve never seen, is an effort to raise the cash to pay a developer team to make something happen. Come up with a couple hundred thousand Euros for starters, you’ll get your Tornado.

Show me the money.

I'm sorry but after watching the Mig-21 fiasco there is not on single way in hell that I would ever put money twords a Kickstarter ever. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I totally get the desire for a Tornado. But can we just be happy that the Phantom is coming? The cold war is about to heat up.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

I'm sorry but after watching the Mig-21 fiasco there is not on single way in hell that I would ever put money twords a Kickstarter ever. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. I totally get the desire for a Tornado. But can we just be happy that the Phantom is coming? The cold war is about to heat up.  

Exactly. The biggest complainers are not making any difference whatsoever as to what comes down the pike from entities that can actually produce content. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:58 AM, Rudel_chw said:

I agree ... I'm so tired of US aircrafts with 3 computer screens and fool-proof weapons .. I'd love to have more european aircrafts, and the Tornado is also on my wish lists ... in the meantime, Aerges Mirage F1 will be a more than fine non-US aircraft, I will purchase it day one even if it is not offered with an EA discount, as I did also with the Tomcat 👍

My theory on removing all complaints from UK based simmers would be to announce The Vulcan. The thundering heard of Englishmen running off to demand all of the models and liveries and serial numbers and bases and weapons would awaken the dead, and the rest of us would finally get some peace and quiet.

The last time I visited the RAF Museum up in Colindale, I did notice a scanning crew imaging XL318, but they made us swear to secrecy. I would think that by now, there would have been some sort of announcement though…

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I ... I'm so tired of US aircrafts with 3 computer screens and fool-proof weapons ...

Mig-21, Viggen, Mirage 2000C, c-101, L-39, F-5, F-86, Mig-15/19...

There are some 😉

Edited by felixx75
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, felixx75 said:

Mig-21, Viggen, Mirage 2000C, c-101, L-39, F-5, F-86, Mig-15/19...

There are some 😉

Yes, there are, but the Mig-21 was released on 2014, the Viggen on 2017, the C-101 on 2015, the L-39, Miurage 2000, MiG-15  and the F-86 on 2015, the F-5E on 2016 .... the only recent Cold War aircrafts are the Mi-24P and the F-14, all the new non-WW2 modules are modern 2-3 display aircrafts (F/A-18, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C II) ... anyway, looking forwards to the F1 😇

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, there are, but the Mig-21 was released on 2014, the Viggen on 2017, the C-101 on 2015, the L-39, Miurage 2000, MiG-15  and the F-86 on 2015, the F-5E on 2016 .... the only recent Cold War aircrafts are the Mi-24P and the F-14, all the new non-WW2 modules are modern 2-3 display aircrafts (F/A-18, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C II) ... anyway, looking forwards to the F1 😇

For example the Mirage got tons of updates in the last 2 years, so the original release date does not matter 😉 Also most of the other "old" modules are "up to date"

Just now, felixx75 said:

For example the Mirage got tons of updates in the last 2 years, so the original release date does not matter 😉 Also most of the other "old" modules are "up to date"

Yes, I agree that most of the old modules have been updated, but on my case I tend to use a lot the Modules that I have purchased most recently, nowadays those would be the Mi-24P and the Mosquito ... I will change to another module when it first appears, most likely my next one will be the Mirage F1, but I usually do not go back to an older Module that I've already learned, thus I'm not really eager to go back to the Mirage 2000 as I feel like I already learned that one.

But anyway, I'm happy that the tide may be changing, as 2022 should see the release of the Mirage F1 and the Phantom. The Apache does not really strike my fancy, but I purchased it anyway, mostly to take advantage of its pre-order discount and US$ 8.5 on miles (that I will use towards the F1) 😊

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I don't know if I'd call the AV8B "new". Mig-19 is newer. We have the F-1, F-4, A-7, and at some point the A-6. Also the Mig-23 if Raz ever gets the F-15E out.  If this Hind sold well then it'll open the market for Soviet aircraft. Also maybe in some universe we might in a century or two see Mag3's F-8. So I would say that the cold war era is far from dead. DCS had it's ultra modern phase, but it looks poisd to have a late cold war phase. Let's just hope all goes smoothly.  

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 5:04 AM, DelRoy said:

What better way for HB to gauge what to develop.......?

Easy. What airframes they have sufficient access to compared to what is reasonably recognizable. 

Otherwise, we'd have F-22s and PAKFAs by now. 

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

On 1/26/2022 at 8:08 AM, Gizmo03 said:

Is there anywhere a source for this information? I've heard a couple of times about it but never red something like this from ED itself. IIRC Matt Wagner once said in an interview that he loved Digital Intergarions Tornado from 1993 and he would like to see one in DCS but there are currently no plans at ED to make one. Nick Grey said something similar but he said as well that there is no reason for a 3rd Party not to make one. Maybe i'm wrong or missunderstood something but that's what i remember.

Guessing when people say stuff like that they're referencing Kate on Discord that there's no data in open sources, and the aircraft's manufacturer denied ED's purchase requests.

Can't find it on discord since it looks like she's not active on there anymore, but it's referenced here

But then two days later Wags said this

So who knows what any current potential status is. 

Edited by Snakepit92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Snakepit92:

But then two days later Wags said this

Thanks for clarification. Obviously i confused something. So - it wasn't an interview but this post, i've read as a reaction to a statement of Kate Perederko and not a rumor.
I remember now! Thank you!

On 1/31/2022 at 4:02 PM, Victory205 said:

Exactly. The biggest complainers are not making any difference whatsoever as to what comes down the pike from entities that can actually produce content. 

My theory on removing all complaints from UK based simmers would be to announce The Vulcan. The thundering heard of Englishmen running off to demand all of the models and liveries and serial numbers and bases and weapons would awaken the dead, and the rest of us would finally get some peace and quiet.

The last time I visited the RAF Museum up in Colindale, I did notice a scanning crew imaging XL318, but they made us swear to secrecy. I would think that by now, there would have been some sort of announcement though…

yoo ever seen/heard a vulcan fly? WHAT a sound!. the loudest thing ive ever heard/felt was a b1b back in the mid 90s, i was stood maybe 100-200 metres away from 1 idling and christ it was deafening. when it took off the ground shook! the vulcan is 2nd on the volume list even though i was MUCH further away but that howl, my god that howl!!!! 

and yes id LOVE  vulcan in dcs haha

• Like 1

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Of course, good chance it was before you were born. Totally over rated piece of junk that spent its entire career flying in airshows- it put one bomb, one single bomb on a deserted runway that didn't matter. Which of course, is why the Brits love it so. 😉

Viewpoints are my own.

11 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

Totally over rated piece of junk that spent its entire career flying in airshows

Over-rated .. sure, that's what americans like to believe:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Victory205 said:

Of course, good chance it was before you were born. Totally over rated piece of junk that spent its entire career flying in airshows- it put one bomb, one single bomb on a deserted runway that didn't matter. Which of course, is why the Brits love it so. 😉

Beaten by Rudel_chw, it only needed 1 bomb lol

Edited by freehand
  • Like 2

I was flying A4’s at the time, and we were staggered by the bravery of the Argie’s and how many bombs they put into British ships. It was eye opening that the put so many dumb bombs into British ships. Had they had proper fuzing, who knows how it would have turned out.

The British Harriers made good use of the AIM9L, developed of course, by the Royal….oh wait, it was designed, tested and deployed by those pesky colonialists.

The big takeaway was that it would have been far, far, far cheaper for the RAF to just pay the Argentinian Air Force to to put a crater in their own runway. The Argies would done it of course, and used the funds to procure better fuses and a few more Exocets. 😉

Viewpoints are my own.

19 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

I was flying A4’s at the time, and we were staggered by the bravery of the Argie’s and how many bombs they put into British ships. It was eye opening that the put so many dumb bombs into British ships. Had they had proper fuzing, who knows how it would have turned out.

The British Harriers made good use of the AIM9L, developed of course, by the Royal….oh wait, it was designed, tested and deployed by those pesky colonialists.

The big takeaway was that it would have been far, far, far cheaper for the RAF to just pay the Argentinian Air Force to to put a crater in their own runway. The Argies would done it of course, and used the funds to procure better fuses and a few more Exocets. 😉

Are you drunk ?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Victory205 said:

I was flying A4’s at the time …

I dont believe that, not for a second..  will add you to the ignore list, as I have no desire to read more nonsense from you. So long. 🙄

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I dont believe that, not for a second..  will add you to the ignore list, as I have no desire to read more nonsense from you. So long. 🙄

Are you not familiar with the number of undetonated bombs that hit British ships due to low level lay down deliveries? My recollection is that there were at least six or seven additional ships hit by unexploded 500-1000 lb bombs.

When the shooting started down there, I was flying A4’s in weapons phase during Advanced Strike Training in VT7 in the USN. I eventually instructed in it. There was keen interest in the conflict as there were USMC instructors from the A4M community and USN former light attack pilots (A4 and A7). We had a couple of AV8 pilots as well.

Just like any other conflict, we were briefed daily, and objectively followed the Falklands operation while it was underway. Lessons learned are passed on and tactics evaluated accordingly.

I ended up with just under a thousand hours in the Scooter.

Edited by Victory205
  • Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

4 hours ago, near_blind said:

Ironically, this is kinda how I feel each time a tornado thread pops up in here. 

I was referring to his racist comments towards the argentines. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, near_blind said:

You've lost me. 

ok, I don’t feel like explaining this in more detail, lets leave it there. 🙄

• Like 1