Question about switching to standalone

e32lover

Hi, I've been interested in switching to standalone for some time now. Sorry I know this topic has been covered many times but couldn't find specific answers that I'm after. Just have a couple of questions. My main motivation is so DCS gets all my money, also in Australia the modules ATM are waaay cheaper on standalone. F14 is $84AUD on DCS compared to $130AUD on steam.

1. I mainly use DCS to create a server and play with just my cousin, missions that we've created. I have steam and he has standalone. I am in Australia and he is in France usually with a ping of about 300. This is the only game where a ping of this high doesn't seem to really matter (we mostly do coop). My server never automatically kicks him for high ping.

If I change to standalone is there any chance that there are any limitations to ping when creating a server for the type of server I run?

2. Is it possible for all my settings and keyboard and joystick bindings to be transferred across?

3. I assume all my modules will be transferred across, is this the case?

4. I remember reading a detailed guide from DCS on how to transfer to standalone, can anyone link the guide?

If anyone can provide any answers that would be greatly appreciated especially to question 1

Thanks,

Kind regards, e32lover

@e32lover

1. No, Steam and Standalone are exactly the same. The launcher differs, that's all. 

2. Yes, it's all in Saved Games

3. Yes

4. Log into your account in the ED store. Go to profile settings, then user profile, then bind Steam account. Do the instructions.

Link to guide on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/223750/view/2873815732584411725#:~:text=1) You need to link,from your profile with us.

Link to guide on ED Store

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/

Hope this helps.

BTW. You like it best with V8 or V12?

2022-01-26_10-30-21.jpg

Edited by MAXsenna
Missing text

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks heaps for the advice! I will do the switch.

I had the 735il, it was a very nice straight 6, loved it. Had an e38 with the 4.4L v8 after and although the v8 power was great, never liked it as much as the e32. Unfortunately I never had the pleasure of experiencing the V12. I should have got one when they were a few grand. They are classics here now, impossible to find.