26 Feb 22 - Update OB - Great expectations for the Hind

Razorback

Being on the Mi-24 since its first day of release I must say that I am looking forward to this update with great interest.
I fly in a virtual squadron, I'm connected on many servers on Discord and many FB sites related to air simulation, DCS, and the Hind in particular.
From the many discussions I've seen in the last few weeks (since November 2021) it appears that many people have the impression that the improvement of the module is quite slow, while there are still many very important things to develop.
One thinks for example of a functional anti-icing system and the improvement of Petrovitch...
And these are only two examples.
So fingers crossed for today's possible update...

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Razorback said:

Being on the Mi-24 since its first day of release I must say that I am looking forward to this update with great interest.
I fly in a virtual squadron, I'm connected on many servers on Discord and many FB sites related to air simulation, DCS, and the Hind in particular.
From the many discussions I've seen in the last few weeks (since November 2021) it appears that many people have the impression that the improvement of the module is quite slow, while there are still many very important things to develop.
One thinks for example of a functional anti-icing system and the improvement of Petrovitch...
And these are only two examples.
So fingers crossed for today's possible update...

What makes you think this update will have anti icing or something else? 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Because important things have been missing for months now !

When I look on the last update I am really disappointed!
It seems that the Hind in really put on a a side and they can say what they want, the last updates were really limited to a module that is still in EA.
The "to do list" is hudge and we have currently only limited updates.
For sure, the Hind and the Apache are clearly my last two early access purchases.
You want to release a module in EA, fine for me but please afterwards give us what we are entitled to expect, i.e. serious and continuous updates.
Anti-icing system that still doesn't work 7 months after the release, really?
Can we imagine having a proper manual one day?
Maybe after the new pilot and watch modelling is finalised. Yes this is irony!

I really enjoy playing DCS and I know frustrated people will always exist. The covid situation is probably not an enabling factor but it does not explain everything either.

Is it really too much to ask to know the current status of Alexander's team?
Are they working on another project?
Would it be possible to have a simple timeline with just what is planned for the next few months?

Edited by Razorback
  • Like 1

I'll confess that I am also disappointed with this latest Hind update.

Altough it was me that reported that weird collective behaviour, it wasn't a game breaking bug and I would prefer Petro's voice capabilities to to get looked at.

ED says that two separate teams are working on Hind and Apache, but it looks like it's "all hands on deck" for Apache release

Edited by admiki
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

The thing I wonder about: B-13 rocket pods and V20 rocket pods on the same loadout? Is that supposed to be possible?

No PUS-32 should only be able to fire one type at once. What I found striking was the B-13 was on the inner pylon whereas currently they can only be carried on the outer ones. If we could take 4x of them we would have more boom then 4x S-24

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

19 minutes ago, AeriaGloria said:

No PUS-32 should only be able to fire one type at once. What I found striking was the B-13 was on the inner pylon whereas currently they can only be carried on the outer ones. If we could take 4x of them we would have more boom then 4x S-24

I was wondering if this is just because the test-branch is more lenient (they had B8 earlier!) or because they discovered new research.

Currently we can mix some of the smaller rockets and still fire them - but the ballistic computer doesn't work.