AH64D actual combat history

rweaves6

Hi guys, as we wait for ED to put the finishing touches on what appears to be an incredible EA release, I was wondering what kind of mission the D variant has been used for the most in real combat? I understand what it’s mission parameters are but sometimes that doesn’t actually play out for real. 
So, historically speaking in real combat, what has the D shot up the most over the years? 
Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
1 hour ago, ricktoberfest said:

Don’t forget that bridge they tried to bring down with hellfires.

That was A-models in Desert Storm, 1991.

The AH-64D has predominantly been used in low-intensity/low-threat conflicts where the main enemy was insurgencies or terrorist networks, however there are two notable exceptions:
1) During the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003, there were AH-64D's that engaged Iraqi Army/Republican Guard units on several instances, to include armor and other associated equipment, but these Iraqi ground forces were nowhere near the strength that the AH-64A units faced in 1991.
2) In 2011, the UK Apache force engaged Libyan military units in a moderate-to-high threat environment.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi all, 

please keep politics and real world killing from our forums. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Am 26.1.2022 um 22:28 schrieb NeedzWD40:

Mostly these kinds of guys:

Insurgent_Pack_1.jpg

With a helping of
s2.jpg

And a few

b6o3cyf4l8n61.jpg?width=1127&format=pjpg

That marks the bulk of what the D has shot up the most.

What is this mod? A link pleeeeeeaaaaaase! 🥰

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)