"Official" F-4E Livery Discussion

LanceCriminal86

4 hours ago, WarthogOsl said:

Pics I took many years ago at Edwards AFB.  60329 is apparently an NF-4E.

6yorY8g.jpeg

2q8XEIm.jpeg

bEEGWrk.jpeg

Nice. A long time resident at Edwards. Was used in the ALCM chase role, and wore an interesting hybrid scheme of S.E.A cam with white upper wing surfaces (to stand out against terrain whilst chasing missiles). Has at various times swapped between the original cannon blast shroud and the Midas 4 mod, and back again.

Great pics.

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, WarthogOsl said:

Another from my Edwards collection

f-4e066.jpg

Looks like the same jet here, or actually no as the teeth are different. Need to find the serial for your pic's jet unless it's the same just redone later:

USAF F-4E 65-0713

Edited by LanceCriminal86

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Definitely this TX ANG skin...

f-4e-phantom-ii-301st-fw-457th-tfs-th-67

And hopefully this Green one with a Black nose too...

Phantom.JPG

Found the above one in a video and simply took a screenshot of it, can't find what unit its of

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

13 minutes ago, carss said:

Definitely this TX ANG skin...

f-4e-phantom-ii-301st-fw-457th-tfs-th-67

And hopefully this Green one with a Black nose too...

Phantom.JPG

Found the above one in a video and simply took a screenshot of it, can't find what unit its of

1997_F-4_Heritage_Flight_over_Florida.jp

Tyndall AFB should be TD, which operates or operated QF-4s. Since the pic is 1997 I'd assume they did "heritage" liveries of the different F-4 schemes, with the one you pointed out in Euro One.

And since I've been focused on Texas Tomcats I'll probably end up doing that one.

• Like 3

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 3 weeks later...

I did skim through all the pages, and did not see this livery shown. This plane was on display at the Air Museum in Palm Springs when I took this picture. According to Wikipedia, it was an important squadron in the 60's, 70's, and 80's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-161

_MG_2506-2.jpg

_MG_2503-2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂

I'm sure it will be considered when Heatblur get around to making an F-4S. Right now they are working on the F-4E which is why you don't see a lot of requests for fictitious Navy and Marine Corps skin requests.  I have a number of want's for skins when they do start working on the Navy and Marine versions of the Phantom.

• Like 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

9 hours ago, Gene K said:

I'm late to the party -- what is DMAS?

Thanks,

Gene K

Digital Modular Avionics System

This is from Belsimtek's orginal F-4E announcement 5 years ago (https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/from-our-friends-at-belsimtekf-4e-module-in-developmentthe-f-4-phantom-ii-is-con/10159211032825341/):

"The Digital Modular Avionics System (DMAS) is an integrated navigation and weapon delivery system installed to enhance the all-weather capability of the aircraft. The DMAS replaces the existing navigation computer (AN/ ASN-46A), inertial navigation set (AN/ASN-63), and weapon release computer set (AN/ASQ-91). In addition, the DMAS provides a self-contained, automatic computer approach-to-landing-mode.

DMAS is integrated with the radar AN/APQ-120, optical sight AN/ASG-26.

The presence of an optoelectronic system AN/ASX-1 Target Identification System Electro – Optical (TISEO), which is installed in the leading edge of the left wing, allows to detect air targets at long distances."

It makes the plane a lot better at blowing sh*t up.

Edited by Nexus-6
  • Like 1

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 8:06 PM, Nexus-6 said:

Digital Modular Avionics System

Thanks very much, Nexus for the detailed explanation!! Unfortunately I'm not a Facebook guy so can't access your link. Frustrating that Google doesn't come up with much. But I did come across this.  (the misaligned holes on the vari ramps spoil that model for me)

The airplane's capabilities sure have been enhanced since I flew it back in the Dark Ages. 

Thanks again.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Mini.Adam said:

how about a VMFA-333?

McDonnell-Douglas_F-4_from_VMFA-333.jpg

s-l500.jpg

download (10).jpeg

Perhaps you missed the part where we are not putting non-E skins on the F-4E? Y'all can go nuts when the paint kit comes out but not the purpose here. Trying to identify F-4E operators and squadrons that fit the blocks of Phantoms being modeled for the module. When the Navy jets happen someday you can be assured they will properly be covered.

• Like 1

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 minute ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Perhaps you missed the part where we are not putting non-E skins on the F-4E? Y'all can go nuts when the paint kit comes out but not the purpose here. Trying to identify F-4E operators and squadrons that fit the blocks of Phantoms being modeled for the module. When the Navy jets happen someday you can be assured they will properly be covered.

hm alright ill look for more non-E skins

OIP.jpg

Pictures for liveries for the F-4E 

1st one is a F-4E Terminator 2020

2nd one and idk if its already been suggested is from the 57th FIS "Black Knights of Keflavik"

3rd is an F-4EJ 

Last one is a F-4F , similar to the E but without sparrows and one less fuel tank, among other changes

OIP.jpg

21ad8f220509a324b0134506ee4591f8.jpg

OIP (1).jpg

• Like 2