ED, could you reconsider tree damage model please?

jackmckay

Hi guys, I think that tree hit boxes should be reduced to trunks not booth trunks and tree canopies. It might be a lot of work, might not, but at current state there are some rather strange defense tactics that works.

Here's the video of demonstration from live server.

Tnx

• Like 9

What a boring way to play dcs 🙃

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1, to both vehicles knocking over trees, and from weapons fire.

• Like 6

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

What a boring way to play dcs 🙃

I wasn't bored and either was the guy on 25t dropping most of his arsenal on me, his last vihors killed me just because i got stuck in river.. and that tank almost entered their base traveling 30miles from init farp manually.

Edited by jackmckay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jackmckay said:

I wasn't bored and either was the guy on 25t dropping most of his arsenal on me, his last vihors killed me just because i got stuck in river.. and that tank almost entered their base traveling 30miles from init farp manually.

I found it a cool tactic. Even though it could be considered an exploit. 😉

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Like 1

• ED Team
13 hours ago, jackmckay said:

Hi guys, I think that tree hit boxes should be reduced to trunks not booth trunks and tree canopies. It might be a lot of work, might not, but at current state there are some rather strange defense tactics that works.

Here's the video of demonstration from live server.

Tnx

It is something we have requested to the team, but I currently have no news to share. 

thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is something we have requested to the team, but I currently have no news to share. 

thanks

Thank you BIG on reply. I think many would like this kind of "exploit", as MAX noticed, not to be present in DCS. I'm glad you hear my voice and hope some fix will come in next updates. 😉

Edited by jackmckay
  • Like 2

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, jackmckay said:

Thank you BIG on reply. I think many would like this kind of "exploit", as MAX noticed, not to be present in DCS. I'm glad you hear my voice and hope some fix will come in next updates. 😉

dont expect it any time soon, you will set yourself up for disappointment, just know it is requested and I have bumped the report, I have no ETA. 

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

dont expect it any time soon, you will set yourself up for disappointment, just know it is requested and I have bumped the report, I have no ETA. 

Thanks

No problem at all. Just let it pass to dev team and that is fine. No pressure.

CA is quite important segment of game as, I suppose, many players don't understand that. The harder the target the more skilled player is.

Regards.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am missing some water effects when driving thru water.

It would be also fine, to see some tracks on the ground where the tank has moved. ;-)

• Like 1

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

9 hours ago, 3WA said:

Yeah, terrain needs a lot of work.  Probably going to have wait for Real vehicle modules for that.  Hoping they come out with an M1A2SEP module some day soon.

I wonder if a map more tailored to CA could be considered, something maybe smaller, but with much higher terrain mesh resolution and accuracy, compared to current maps.

As for a full-fidelity vehicle module, I'd literally take anything, even a PT-76B.

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb 3WA:

Hoping they come out with an M1A2SEP module some day soon.

ED mentioned that they have "great plans" for combined arms. I think that with the recent addition of all the attack and scout helicopters, ground unit modules are the logical next step, since they are comparatively "easy" to implement compared to a Hornet or Apache. So an Abrams module (which they wanted to develop IIRC) would probably be in the price range of  a FC plane (10-20 bucks) and open the marked for a lot of new players that are simply not interested in planes or helos.

So I am pretty confident to see such a module in the future, but most likely not in the next 2 years.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb Northstar98:

I wonder if a map more tailored to CA could be considered, something maybe smaller, but with much higher terrain mesh resolution and accuracy, compared to current maps.

The Syria map already has some nice dense spots. However, the problem is, that the AI is currently pretty good at spotting you. Not sure if it can actually see through some vegetation (I was under the impression) or if it found some tiny gaps. I have to test it, but it is currently extremely hard to survive there, since you get sniped from a more or less invisible enemy. So I currently build my missions in more open terrains. Otherwise it is not that much fun. In conclusion I think we need an improved AI spotting mechanism first before denser terrain makes sense.

4 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

As for a full-fidelity vehicle module, I'd literally take anything, even a PT-76B.

+1

2 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

ED mentioned that they have "great plans" for combined arms. I think that with the recent addition of all the attack and scout helicopters, ground unit modules are the logical next step, since they are comparatively "easy" to implement compared to a Hornet or Apache. So an Abrams module (which they wanted to develop IIRC) would probably be in the price range of  a FC plane (10-20 bucks) and open the marked for a lot of new players that are simply not interested in planes or helos.

So I am pretty confident to see such a module in the future, but most likely not in the next 2 years.

The Syria map already has some nice dense spots. However, the problem is, that the AI is currently pretty good at spotting you. Not sure if it can actually see through some vegetation (I was under the impression) or if it found some tiny gaps. I have to test it, but it is currently extremely hard to survive there, since you get sniped from a more or less invisible enemy. So I currently build my missions in more open terrains. Otherwise it is not that much fun. In conclusion I think we need an improved AI spotting mechanism first before denser terrain makes sense.

Yeah somewhere between $25 - 30 would be my guess, and I think they can see its a win-win. Ground units will initially attract people interested in armored warfare who will then have a good chance of further developing an interest in flying in the same way pilots have a good chance of further developing an interest in tanks. For me at least its obvious the more they integrate air, land, and sea, the better the simulation gets.