Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

A place to discuss our patch notes, 

Please stay on topic, off topic post will be removed. 

Thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great to see so many fixes.

Interesting to also see some good updates on control bindings.  Why I say that is that I’d assume that they’re generally considered to be a lower priority than fixing issues.  implying that the 2500+ issues that used to exist is now substantially lower.

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Great looking patch. I just wish that the missing kneeboard function on Marianas and Syria would get fixed. Been a very long time.

I'm loving the new Message History entry in the Escape menu! That is a God send in so many circumstances, especially for the Training Missions when the text can disappear way to quickly.

The only thing is, that pressing 'close' doesn't bring you back to the main menu. It's necessary to press escape again to bring it up, then click on resume.  Is that intended behaviour?

Edited by imacken
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Doesn't look like it made it, or it's an error in the changelog. The Chinese one was updated. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team
13 minutes ago, RedHorse said:

Hello all,

where can I find the updated German manual for the F-16C? In the folder of the F-16 there is still a version from August 31. According to the patchnotes there should have been an update.

Gruss RedHorse

I will ask 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Tank50us said:
  • Aircraft AI. Added C-47 cargo plane.

This is one that doesn't make sense. I updated and went to check, and the only C-47 is still the WW2AP version. Could someone clarify what this means?

I believe it was due to it not showing when historical mode was selected in the editor

• Like 1

"Engage distance with search then engage task ignores the distance from waypoint task was assigned on"

What does this exactly mean? AI now will ignore distance from waypoint for engagement or it was the case and it is "fixed"?

"Added a separate function for the switch of Launch Bar"

Thank you very much! Such small things make quality of life much better.

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• ED Team
1 hour ago, RedHorse said:

Hello all,

where can I find the updated German manual for the F-16C? In the folder of the F-16 there is still a version from August 31. According to the patchnotes there should have been an update.

Gruss RedHorse

removed from change log, seems there was a error and it didnt make it in time. We will update the one on the website soon however. 

thanks

• Like 1

• ED Team
vor einer Stunde schrieb some1:

Doesn't look like it made it, or it's an error in the changelog. The Chinese one was updated. 

Hi, my fault. I commited it too late.

You can find the very latest version on our website, here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/downloads/documentation/dcs_viper_early_access_manual/

It will be included with what comes next, Hot Fix or Open Beta Patch.

Sorry!

Viele Grüße

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Very pleased to see that several new keybindings were added to Mi24.

It would be really nice to also have some important ones in the future which related to weapon release. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

1 hour ago, hanab said:

A/A tacan bug is not fixed….. 😪 

Oh, not had a chance to try yet. That's somewhat disappointing!

• Like 4

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

3 часа назад, Wychmaster сказал:

Does this mean key bindings?

Yes. There are old-new keybindings for launch bar in Hornet. Now I don't have to edit default.lua myself at each update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is about the new launch bar binding?  I mean, there was always a bind wasn't there?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

image.png

image.png

Although I use VAICOM with the kneeboard extension myself, thank you for listening to the community by adding this into DCS core!

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor einer Stunde schrieb imacken:

Can someone explain to me what the big deal is about the new launch bar binding?  I mean, there was always a bind wasn't there?

There was a binding but it was just a toggle. So you used the same key to flip the switch up and down. This wasn't very useful if you wanted to bind the launch bar to a physical 2-way switch. Now it seems that we have a dedicated up and down key binding.

• Like 2