Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

Maybe just waiting until Apache release. Sounded like they wanted the new FLIR system to come along with it, possibly the new beta version as well? Maybe they figured it’d be better to just drop a massive update along with Apache? Maybe they’re very close on some other things they’re working on and want to drop them all at once?.. I look forward to updates and improvements as well.  Hoping for a great one this next round!

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Found a statement on the Discord. It is indeed because of the Apache. It's in the next patch build and, rather than pull the Apache from the build and push the update they'll just postpone the update so both can be pushed simultaneously. 

Perfectly reasonable. Guess that info missed the Newsletter deadline. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Nealius:

Found a statement on the Discord. It is indeed because of the Apache. It's in the next patch build and, rather than pull the Apache from the build and push the update they'll just postpone the update so both can be pushed simultaneously. 

Perfectly reasonable. Guess that info missed the Newsletter deadline. 

Would be nice if you could post a screen of the statement. 🙂

• Like 2

Man current events *do* have me worried. Of course because of what's happening, but also for ED and the different dev teams. First and foremost for their own safety and wellbeing, and that of their loved ones. But if money can't freely flow anymore, how will this business continue to work?

Edited by schurem
more words
  • Like 3

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• ED Team
56 minutes ago, schurem said:

Man current events *do* have me worried. Of course because of what's happening, but also for ED and the different dev teams. First and foremost for their own safety and wellbeing, and that of their loved ones. But if money can't freely flow anymore, how will this business continue to work?

We will be fine, but also, 1.7. Guys please, I dont want to hand out warnings when I know you are just showing concern. So please. If you have concerns, PM me or BN, but keep it off the forums.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Did ED add Persian Gulf statics in latest patch without mentioning it in patchnotes? 🤨 My 32GB RAM are whopping full and pagefile-CPU I/O going crazy, like never before!!! 😩

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

The thing that worries me is that the more "stuff" they cramp into one single Patch or Update, the more difficult is to determine what went wrong when bugs creep up and you need a hot fix asap...

Hopefully it wont be a "huge mess" pun intended and just kidding! 😉 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, Tank50us said:
  • Aircraft AI. Added C-47 cargo plane.

This is one that doesn't make sense. I updated and went to check, and the only C-47 is still the WW2AP version. Could someone clarify what this means?

On 1/27/2022 at 9:27 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I believe it was due to it not showing when historical mode was selected in the editor

Even today's 2.7.11.21408 Open Beta , AI C-47 cargo plane is not available for non-WW2AP users. 

Also I've checked ME status Historical mode Icon and / or mission year. 
I can set A-20G in ME, but cannot find C-47 in airplane list. 

So, I think C-47 keeps a part of WW2AP contents and not move to DCSW's free contents.

• Like 1

Modules: A-10C/II, F-5E, F-14A/B, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, FC3, Ka-50-2/3, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, Mi-24P, AH-64D, P-51D
Maps: Nevada, PG, Syria, SA, Sinai, Channel, Normandy2.0      Assets etc.: CA, Sc, WW2AP
Mods and Skins in User Files: files/filter/user-is-western0221/ 

Screen_221018_005618c.jpg

What is going on with the terrain lighting? It looks absolutely amazing at least on Syria.  The sun shining through holes in the clouds creates well lit patches on the ground with excellent contrast between shaded areas or shadows cast by terrain. This improvement is almost a fantastic as the clouds we got in 2.7 (at least in vr) yet no mention of it in the patch notes (not obvious) and why am I the only one excited about it? 

Is there a link or something with more detail about what this change is and what it effects??

Thanks

-Gun

• Like 1

i thought about that.... i did just upgrade to a3090 and am running 110% super sample in steam vr.... maybe thats it. the spots with sun seem much brighter the contrast is amazing. if this improvement is from a 2080ti to a 3090...go get a 3090 if you can lol.

didnt they add land mass to syria...i read that. i highly suspect a lighting "tweak' as well... humm

34 minutes ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Doesn't seem like it. Other than the Apache and Viper features there wasn't really too much content this patch, especially for the core game. Looked like a cleanup patch for the most part.

Well, the Syria map got a lot of love and the F-14 and Mirage got a lot of attention as well I think.

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

51 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Well, the Syria map got a lot of love

Sadly, not including the long awaited missing kneeboard fix. 

• Like 4

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

6 minutes ago, Sharkku said:

Can someone help me. Where are the patch notes? The links in the changelog don't take me anywhere. Maybe it's because I'm on Android? Can someone please post a copy? It's beynd me why it's no longer posted on the forum...

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat