Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

11 hours ago, Eldur said:

Absolutely not, the cursor never goes away. On top of that, the headset itself triggers of clicks which usually happens when you do things like leaning into the dashboard of the Tomcat and the HUD cam appearing / disappearing like 50 times a second. Seems like the headset itself acts like a controller and the cursor that never goes away is tied to it. I can move it off to the border by holding the grab key of one of the controllers and dragging it outside the lenses scope, but it's still there nevertheless. And what really drives me nuts is the fact that it constantly keeps triggering tooltips, which especially is a nuisance at night since they're blinding me hard. I've been pointing those issues out as soon as I got my first headset in 2019 and I was already way late to the party. I still wish for something to happen at some point.

I just tried to make instrucions how to interpret my original reply, so I WAS sarcastic, sorry for misunderstanding:

Fortunately the cursor persistence in VR changed at once.

It's a bit longer than last time... 🙂

So not eliminating such a bug which would need so little development resources is unbelievable for me. As it annoys so many users I expected it to be THE number one priority on the hotfix, but it didn't happen. Now it could be in the stable version also.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

The last Changelog... 2.7.11.22211  08.04.22 was out of this world with DCS issues alone totaling more than 80! Also, the AC fixes was an astounding figure too. All that amounts to hard work & time & effort to make our DCS the greatest SIM on the Planet. So I just want to express my appreciation to ED & all concerned in making this possible & that includes all the peeps here in the Forum that facilitate the whole process.. monitoring & reporting our grievances. And lets not forget the training missions too & all those connected, which helps us learn to achieve our own little goals. Finally, please let's us all not forget ED is not some mega giant with teams of hundreds spread across the world like Ubisoft, EA, Activision Blizzard or Sony etc. with virtually unlimited resources. So for them to achieve what we all experience today is quite astounding.   

Hey, no matter what you fly or experience here in DCS, we are an awesome Global family with an exciting an awesome fun filled future.

So, thanks for making my life happier ED 🙂    

• Like 10

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

7 hours ago, GazAce said:

The last Changelog... 2.7.11.22211  08.04.22 was out of this world with DCS issues alone totaling more than 80! Also, the AC fixes was an astounding figure too. All that amounts to hard work & time & effort to make our DCS the greatest SIM on the Planet. So I just want to express my appreciation to ED & all concerned in making this possible & that includes all the peeps here in the Forum that facilitate the whole process.. monitoring & reporting our grievances. And lets not forget the training missions too & all those connected, which helps us learn to achieve our own little goals. Finally, please let's us all not forget ED is not some mega giant with teams of hundreds spread across the world like Ubisoft, EA, Activision Blizzard or Sony etc. with virtually unlimited resources. So for them to achieve what we all experience today is quite astounding.   

Hey, no matter what you fly or experience here in DCS, we are an awesome Global family with an exciting an awesome fun filled future.

So, thanks for making my life happier ED 🙂    

Absolutely! Compared to other devs, they do a LOT! Some don’t seem to think so, but for some perspective, EA/DICE launched Battlefield2042 last October.. Most will agree it was a huge let down for us long time fans…, since release, to date they have added / modified the scoreboard to show kills/death and a few lame skins and trinkets.. thats it! Coming from one of the largest dev/publishers on the planet….

ED flat out does an AMAZING job for us all! Thank you team for all of your hard work!

• Like 8

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 4/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, draconus said:

You can turn them off.

That is bad when I need them in quite a few modules, so not really a solution, but I've been flying with them off in the past when I was only sitting in modules where I had high confidence of knowing what every switch does. Possible solutions would be to get rid of the cursor that's tied to the HMD (= make it an option, I've seen people having their mouse clicks and wheel directions mapped to their HOTAS and actively using this feature), making the tooltips switchable inflight or implementing a dark mode for them (which I see as mandatory for night ops anyway). The first option being the most viable one though.

Anyway, I second what's been said above. ED is doing lots and they do what they can. Naturally things are being prioritized (and to be fair, VR is still a niche, even though its adoption rate is comparatively high in flight simming, and using the hand controllers in DCS is much more so niche, most people just stick to their good old mouse and therefor don't experiece problems like the non-functional flashlight at all) and even with some little annoyances, this still is just a great overall experience. I see several multi-billion dollar companies do worth almost every day. Google keeps bricking features on the Tube, Metabookulus' UI in the Quest keeps getting more user-unfriendly with every update, Samsung keeps removing features and adding really atrocious bugs that they won't fix and so on. If throwing lots of money at it won't help, what else will? At least I'm rather confident that ED would do even better with more resources fsgrin.png

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There are couple of fixes that mentioned in Hornet Mini-Updates and not mentioned in fresh changelog:

• Changed the Electronic Countermeasures, ECM, such that when in XMIT it will use radar in priority rather than jammer in priority. This will allow the radar to operate with ECM transmitting, but at a lower radar detection capability.
  • Adjusted the radar look-down capability that factors in radar sidelobes.

Is this by mistake or these fixes don't included in the patch? Or maybe I'm missing something...

By the way, it's very impressive update, especially for the Hornet drivers👍. Thank you ED.

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

3 minutes ago, Blackfyre said:

There are couple of fixes that mentioned in Hornet Mini-Updates and not mentioned in fresh changelog:

• Changed the Electronic Countermeasures, ECM, such that when in XMIT it will use radar in priority rather than jammer in priority. This will allow the radar to operate with ECM transmitting, but at a lower radar detection capability.
  • Adjusted the radar look-down capability that factors in radar sidelobes.

Is this by mistake or these fixes don't included in the patch? Or maybe I'm missing something...

By the way, it's very impressive update, especially for the Hornet drivers👍. Thank you ED.

Probably made it in, 40% of actual Hornet changes are not in the patchnotes whatsoever. Makes for a great easter egg hunt each update.

@BIGNEWYis "Fixed: Slant range." in reference to the radar?

Also, what exactly does "Fixed: Bullseye Coordinates Preload" mean? What waypoint is being set as the A/A-WP by default?

• ED Team
47 minutes ago, Hulkbust44 said:

"Fixed: Slant range." in reference to the radar?

Also, what exactly does "Fixed: Bullseye Coordinates Preload" mean? What waypoint is being set as the A/A-WP by default?

slant range for target was incorrect in public versions, it was reaching zero during a overfly of target, now it will show the correct slant range.

Bullseye coords will be preloaded to waypoint 59 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DCS: Mi-24P Hind by Eagle Dynamics

• Renamed 9M114 Shturm-V-2 Rack to Missile Rack to avoid confusion

Doesn't look like this made it in. Also would it be possible to move this to a 'pods' category? In line with the A-10s?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

SC lighting effects at night much better but needs a little work. Stronger deck lighting produces no shadows, weaker produces shadows - Reported  in Bugz section.  Meta, fxo and all core game mods taken out and reapir run.  Shadows checked on naval mods used and shows same results as on stock models. 

Wavy wands take me back to the Hacienda in 1990!

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I don't have time to check in-game, but are the new rooms available in the SC from this patch?

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

That's a pretty epic beta patch today - thanks! 😀👍

• Like 2

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Fantastic build.

• Like 2

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

6 часов назад, Hulkbust44 сказал:

Probably made it in, 40% of actual Hornet changes are not in the patchnotes whatsoever. Makes for a great easter egg hunt each update.

It makes things hard when you are learning aircraft. For example, some time ago I have been studying  an A/G radar and there was a bug, radar didn't see vehicles at all. Then it was fixed and now visibility even increased. I would never return to learning this system without mentioning the fix in patch notes.

Hunting for easter eggs might be a fun for experienced pilots, but for those who learn it might bring frustration, because you never know what or who is wrong.

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

16 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Yay! Technical!

Yep! This is such great news that ED mentioned it twice in their patch notes 😁

Haven't had the chance, and probably won't get the chance today, to test myself yet, but is there any noticeable hit on performance at night on the Supercarrier deck?

All the light/shadow improvements and wands are of course awesome, although I'm a little concerned about my already struggling GTX1080ti 😅

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I run out of time to play but noticed the line about lighting and shadows from secondary light sources. Does this mean aircraft at airports are now able to be illuminated by the airport lighting and cast shadows? Or are we still in 2003 on that one. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

19 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

I run out of time to play but noticed the line about lighting and shadows from secondary light sources. Does this mean aircraft at airports are now able to be illuminated by the airport lighting and cast shadows? Or are we still in 2003 on that one. 

No - lights on buildings etc do not cast light / shadows on your plane etc...

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Looks like secondary shadows are currently used only on the carrier deck. Are there plans to use them in airports and other places?

Are there plans for dark deck operations - only wands and deck edge lights? Like here:

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Grey bombs!!! we finally have grey bombs.
Where? Both the Hornet and Tomcat only show green bombs for me still. Are you sure you're not using a mod or custom livery?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Harker said:
13 hours ago, USSInchon said:
Grey bombs!!! we finally have grey bombs.

Where? Both the Hornet and Tomcat only show green bombs for me still. Are you sure you're not using a mod or custom livery?

Damn it!!  You're right, somehow that sneaked into my mods and I didn't notice.  Oh well, one day we'll have it for real.