Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

I am not that into Warbirds, so, I missed this one.

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, Mr_sukebe said:

You missed the F4 corsair

No, he wrote ok.

Honestly, I dont think that F4U is ready for OB yet. It isnt testing by ED Team right now like MB.339 and SA map (most likely in June). The realistic date for Corsair is October (or later, even January 2023), they're improving animation still, not 100% avionics (I'm afraid that not even 80% but I guess) and weapons are ready now too + carrier. We will see but not June, Im sure, later this year I suppose.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is it possible to get more than one module per update? or will it be one in June, next on July, and so forth? or maybe a map and a plane?

I am asking since I have never seen that before, and then again DCS never had so many modules on the brink of "release" or "early access" by before.

I need my Fix! please hurry! 

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Baco:

Is it possible to get more than one module per update? or will it be one in June, next on July, and so forth? or maybe a map and a plane?

I am asking since I have never seen that before, and then again DCS never had so many modules on the brink of "release" or "early access" by before.

I need my Fix! please hurry! 

I´m not sure what youre talking about? They made several changes on several modules at once with the latest open beta: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.14.23966/

F18, F16, Apache, Hind. Additional many other changes.

• Like 1

I think he’s talking about new modules/terrains. 

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

11 hours ago, Baco said:

Is it possible to get more than one module per update?

No problem with that. Happend to Channel & P-47 (beta) and more times if you count the stable. But I think they try not to do it to better manage bugs and problems that may arise.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

yeap that´s what I was saying: two simultaneous releases in one update. So it has happened before... good!

Looking forward to South Atlantic Map and Mb 339 o the next OB update... And if they throw the Mirage F1 in the mix I will be very happy too 😉 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, draconus said:

+F-15E

I wish but I guess since there has not been much other info, say video (e.g. cold start), I guess it will come after another 2 Weeks TM

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

today's patchnotes mentions improvments to lights. did anybody check if that includes visibility range of aircraft lights (nav lights, anti collision etc.)?
limited visibility range of aircraft lights is one of my pet peeves, and since i'm not on open beta i can't check for myself.

• Like 1

Wonder what VKB Input for pilot and operator means?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I guess it's just default profiles, like the Warthog and other stuff, for VBK joysticks.
But who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok makes sense thanks.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ah man no instant action or missions listed yet for the Hornet on the South Atlantic Map.

• Like 1

Don B

DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics

• Update of free CVN-74 Stennis model.
  • Fixed: AI does not perform a clearing turn on Case III launches.
  • Fixed: IFLOLS illuminate for no reason.

No aircraft should do a clearing turn on CASE III - you should climb with a 3° pitch!

• Like 3

Playing: F-16C

Intel i7-13700KF, 64GB DDR5 @5600MHz, RTX 4080 ZOTAC Trinity, WIN 11 64Bit Prof.

Squadron "Serious Uglies" / Discord-Server: https://discord.gg/2WccwBh

Ghost0815

New Map is looking sweet, VR performance in my Aero seems reasonable as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don B

8 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

That's great to hear. I need a new computer. I get 10 FPS with pretty low settings now, down low. Haha

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yep sounds like new hardware is in order for ya.

• Like 1

Don B

The AMRAAMs don't loft after this patch!   good god.... it's back to being a ~20nm weapon.  Terminal velocities of around 300-500 knots on a 25nm high aspect shot.  Does no one shoot a missile before they release a patch?  I was pretty stoked about the battery timer moving in the right direction -- but then they removed lofting?  Nuts!

I'm an idiot -- they loft -- I was getting jammed as I launched, and didn't see the chevrons.  My apologies.

Edited by TheBigTatanka

Dances, PhD

Jet Hobo

https://v65th.wordpress.com/

Maybe it's me, but midair refueling just got a lot harder.  Or it is in my F-16.  Seems like the boom got less forgiving.  Great feature when the director lights are impossible to see in certain lighting (morning on the Syria map for one).  Is that a real feature of the KC-135 director lights, or is that a game thing?
Still learning my midair refueling proficiency, but usually it's fuel stop fuel stop fuel stop and on.  I got 1 quick successful connection just now and that was it.  And as a little time went on and the sun got a little higher, I just straight up couldn't see the director lights.  Maybe they turned off?  The right side fore/aft one has always been hard to see, but I could barely, and then not at all see any of them.  And it would seem like I was a good spot (from memory) but the boom wouldn't connect.
I think there's a bug where they tell you return to precontact, but you can't ask permission again.  Didn't seem evident with the A4 and the hose and drogue.
Also, since at least the last patch, the hose and drogue crew calls "break away!" way to easily.

Yep sounds like new hardware is in order for ya.
FFS, It's only nine! Water-cooled, dual Titans in SLI! Hehe
Yeah, I know. I have prioritised getting periferals. Well, I might get the RealSim/rel4y/ViperGear force sense stuff, and the Walmis new FFB. Theeeeen I'll get a new computer, and I might even dable back into VR.

Maybe it's me, but midair refueling just got a lot harder.  Or it is in my F-16.  Seems like the boom got less forgiving.  Great feature when the director lights are impossible to see in certain lighting (morning on the Syria map for one).  Is that a real feature of the KC-135 director lights, or is that a game thing?
Still learning my midair refueling proficiency, but usually it's fuel stop fuel stop fuel stop and on.  I got 1 quick successful connection just now and that was it.  And as a little time went on and the sun got a little higher, I just straight up couldn't see the director lights.  Maybe they turned off?  The right side fore/aft one has always been hard to see, but I could barely, and then not at all see any of them.  And it would seem like I was a good spot (from memory) but the boom wouldn't connect.
I think there's a bug where they tell you return to precontact, but you can't ask permission again.  Didn't seem evident with the A4 and the hose and drogue.
Also, since at least the last patch, the hose and drogue crew calls "break away!" way to easily.
Hmmm. Gotta try this. To make myself sane, I fill my Viper like the first thing in the morning evereæy day. So, I'm pretty sure I'll notice a difference.
What's funny, it's both harder and easier in that other sim. At least the lights are easier, and makes more sense, but I don't know what's real.
Cheers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mwd2 said:

DCS: Supercarrier by Eagle Dynamics

• Update of free CVN-74 Stennis model.
  • Fixed: AI does not perform a clearing turn on Case III launches.
  • Fixed: IFLOLS illuminate for no reason.

No aircraft should do a clearing turn on CASE III - you should climb with a 3° pitch!

Just wondering to the human user if do more than 3° pitch today?  Thanks.

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

48 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

47 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

FFS, It's only nine! Water-cooled, dual Titans in SLI! Hehe
Yeah, I know. I have prioritised getting periferals. Well, I might get the RealSim/rel4y/ViperGear force sense stuff, and the Walmis new FFB. Theeeeen I'll get a new computer, and I might even dable back into VR. emoji4.png

Hmmm. Gotta try this. To make myself sane, I fill my Viper like the first thing in the morning evereæy day. So, I'm pretty sure I'll notice a difference.
What's funny, it's both harder and easier in that other sim. At least the lights are easier, and makes more sense, but I don't know what's real.
Cheers!

NNNNNNNNOPE.  Think it was (mostly) me.  And maybe there was a glitch.  The director lights are still hard to see, but I was able to tank a little.  I could even see the lights if I squinted.

• Like 1