Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

null

image.png

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone noticing SERIOUS performance hiccups with this patch?

If I'm in-game (aka in an aircraft), and go into my controller settings / keybinds, my FPS probably cuts to half or less than half, and start getting insane frame drops, almost to the point of the game wanting to lock up and crash.

This wasn't an issue earlier this summer...

• ED Team
Just now, XCNuse said:

Is anyone noticing SERIOUS performance hiccups with this patch?

If I'm in-game (aka in an aircraft), and go into my controller settings / keybinds, my FPS probably cuts to half or less than half, and start getting insane frame drops, almost to the point of the game wanting to lock up and crash.

This wasn't an issue earlier this summer...

Check your windows, somebody mentioned to me recently a windows update had change some settings for them. 
if not post in the performance issues forum area with your dcs log and system spec 

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Interesting; so follow up on this.

Updated 21H2 to the August update this morning, and went back through all windows settings ... and shockingly did see some weird changes (or new things?).

And apparently... no issues anymore. Very weird!

Spoiler

Windows Updates are always the culprit. I'm glad I'm still on 21h1. But the day will come where they'll shöve one of their next updated down my throat without letting me a choice. But they totally broke the magnifier a few years ago with one of the 19 updates IIRC (and I need it a lot, can't sweep it when zoomed in anymore with multi monitors and it keeps resetting my fricken mouse cursor to the default micro <profanity>ty thing that I can't fricken see anymore everytime an UAC prompt pops up and I always have to get into the mouse settings to revert the changes. Been sending bug reports for ages every update, but. they. DO. NOT. CARE. Bravo Unicorn, Microsoft!), probably will never get fixed, just like the (File) Explorer's Alzheimer's.

[Edited into spoiler since it's not the main point of this post] But enough the usual MS rant... (I mean, the real worst thing they ever did was dropping the Sidewinder product line - we do need fricken FFB!)

I'm glad the F1 cockpit brightness has been fixed finally! awesome.png

This post was sponsored by my totally broken eyes (road to next surgery...), aaaaas always! rdlaugh.png

Edited by Eldur
  • Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Patch notes for Caucasus:

• Improved TAD maps at 1:500k scale (used on MFD in A-10, F-16, F/A-18)

There is no TAD map in the F-16 and I'm pretty sure that ED has mentioned that this is not accurate for the Block 50 that we have in DCS. Any thoughts on this?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, XCNuse said:

And apparently... no issues anymore. Very weird!

Thanks for letting us know. I also have very annoying frame rate drops even at high altitude, and I don’t manually install Windows Updates. I’ll try manually updating to the August update and see if I notice a difference…

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Along comes MB-339A/PAN!!! 😄

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Vulcan? 

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

17 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Vulcan? 

I'd doubt that, as this strategic bomber hasn't been announced.

But maybe Vulkan? 😃

😉

On a more serious note: For this update, I'm crossing my fingers for Apache 1st person pilot bodies and (long overdue) Syria map fixes

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, sirrah said:

I'd doubt that, as this strategic bomber hasn't been announced.

But maybe Vulkan? 😃

😉

On a more serious note: For this update, I'm crossing my fingers for Apache 1st person pilot bodies and (long overdue) Syria map fixes

I've sacrificed 100 white bulls to Apollo to get the Corsair. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.