Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

Nice to see we got LOD1 and LOD2 3D models for the F-16C but the whole instrument panel (in the LOD1 and LOD2 3D models) slide to backward and left - compared to the main LOD-zero 3D model.
ByTheWay: when will arrive LOD 3D models for the 3 Fulcrum (MiG-29A/G/S) and the Yak-52 models  ?
TY

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Like 3

sign-pic4.jpg

• Added change of seats in the cockpit by a player in multiplayer.

Awesome! 🥳

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sorry OT:

Are we starting the song "12 Days of Christmas"? It is way too early, people!

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

14 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

Is that ´Stereo´setting under DCS Settings/Monitor new? And what is it meant for?

From 2020 DCS User Manual:

Stereo – Pilot video will be split into a stereoscopic pair and output separately. This should only be used by players with stereoscopic display setups.

• Thanks 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

vor einer Stunde schrieb draconus:

From 2020 DCS User Manual:

Thanks, Draconus. I wasn´t aware this option exists since 2020. I´ll leave it in ´stereo´ as flying in VR exlusively. 

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

2 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

I´ll leave it in ´stereo´ as flying in VR exlusively.

Monitor options have no bearing on VR, mind you, but you want to have it back to default if you have a single monitor - just in case should you run it on a monitor sometimes.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

@draconus maybe the ´stereo´setting is meant for 3-D shutter glasses. Didn´t watched, how it appears on the monitor, but would assume , the image is heavily distorted on the 2-D screen, if that´s the case. 

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

1 hour ago, Rosebud47 said:

@draconus maybe the ´stereo´setting is meant for 3-D shutter glasses. Didn´t watched, how it appears on the monitor, but would assume , the image is heavily distorted on the 2-D screen, if that´s the case. 

You'd see two clear images on the monitor. The left part of the screen for you left eye, the right part for your right eye. You would need a viewer to experience stereo/3D. When you fiddle with the parameters in the stereo file you could place the image for the left eye on the right part of the monitor and vice versa you will see depth by cross-eyed viewing (may take some time to achieve this). It's fun just for the experience but not for actual use in flying for a long time, and of course there's only half the width of the monitor available...

39 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

@Wrcknbckr What kind of viewer would that be?

I'm only familiar with a mobile-phone type 3D viewer. They can even be made of cardboard material where you put the phone in. I have no idea how to view that on a monitor. In that case your eyes focal points should be diverging (!) which is not possible. When you switch the two images you will be able to see it cross-eyed.

Edited by Wrcknbckr

In my conclusion, the ´stereo´setting is meant for VR exclusively and in my impression it improves the image quality, respectively the stereoscopic effect in VR.

13 hours ago, Rosebud47 said:

In my conclusion, the ´stereo´setting is meant for VR exclusively and in my impression it improves the image quality, respectively the stereoscopic effect in VR.

It seems to have a subtle but noticeable effect in a positive way yes. I wasn't aware it was there either until this very thread, so thank you! 😁

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

6 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

It seems to have a subtle but noticeable effect in a positive way yes. I wasn't aware it was there either until this very thread, so thank you! 😁

Can you two share what effect you're talking about? I don't see anything different either on monitor or VR with monitor:stereo setting.

4 hours ago, draconus said:

Can you two share what effect you're talking about? I don't see anything different either on monitor or VR with monitor:stereo setting.

Perhaps it’s just in my head, since it’s very subtle and very difficult to describe in words, but it “feels” more immersive.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

quote-on-quote: it improves the image quality, respectively the stereoscopic effect in VR.

Look for the contures of mountains, buildings, objects etc. and their separation to each other in depth, like it is described here: 

If you see a difference by applying the setting at the nvidia profile inspector, it will be even better then by setting in DCS the Monitor to "Stereo". 

Edit: Maybe it only works in combination with the nvidia profile inspector... who knows?. 

Edited by Rosebud47