Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

@BIGNEWY

With the shadow bug it feels like the z-buffer (I think that's what it's still called??) is being lost on all the shadow's information so it's now trying to render all shadows including ones behind objects that it wouldn't have before.

• Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, M1Combat said:

@BIGNEWY

With the shadow bug it feels like the z-buffer (I think that's what it's still called??) is being lost on all the shadow's information so it's now trying to render all shadows including ones behind objects that it wouldn't have before.

yes and should be fixed in the hotfix patch

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does the deck crew jittering and path logic fixed? (Deck crew jitters and do full 360° turns before stop walking).

Edited by fagulha
Spelling

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Anyone can confirm that, apart from the see through shadow bug, they fixed too the flat shadows? I have no GPU right now until the new one get delivered so i cant test it

• Like 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

1 hour ago, 5ephir0th said:

Anyone can confirm that, apart from the see through shadow bug, they fixed too the flat shadows? I have no GPU right now until the new one get delivered so i cant test it

According to a posts in the relevant thread in the "performance" section, it seems they haven't fixed the flat shadows yet.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

40 minutes ago, Art-J said:

According to a posts in the relevant thread in the "performance" section, it seems they haven't fixed the flat shadows yet.

While I was home for lunch, I clicked the update. It downloaded a patch I assume. I hoped in FA-18/Caucuses ready on the ramp mission real quick to check and, the over-lap/superimpose aircraft shadow bug had been fixed. So I re-enabled shadows low/default and performance was 'better', just still not 2.7 GPU frametimes... but better than it was last few days with same shadow settings.

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Flying f-16 takeoff instant action on caucuses I’m normally at 85 ish fps on the ground, head toward the big city out front, under the cloud layer and I would drop to around 72.. after 2.8 and todays update I’m only around 60 fps on the runway and over that city dropping into the 45’s! .. messed with shadows to no avail, always had shadows on high and terrain on flat. To me the flat shadows look just like default now, but I’m not sure. Performance didn’t change at all going between flat and default.  Did a pc restart and stuff and and fps bumped up to a better level ( windows must have been doing something in the background) but never the less, still having around 10-15 fps drop over 2.7 across the board, once I flew around a bit. I could easily hit my 120 fps cap shooting up in the sky, now it seems to barely hit 100. Perhaps there is still some shadow issues going on. I should add, I was on pancake, not vr

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

Well that sure is disappointing. 
DCS 2.8.0.32235.1 Open Beta seems to have failed to fix any of the problems that 2.8 created in the Ka-50. The community has detailed the problems in the forum and even videos demonstrate the problems. It doesn't seem DCS has held up its side of the bargain here. I do hope these don't next become transferred to DCS stable.

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Dallas88B said:

Well that sure is disappointing. 
DCS 2.8.0.32235.1 Open Beta seems to have failed to fix any of the problems that 2.8 created in the Ka-50. The community has detailed the problems in the forum and even videos demonstrate the problems. It doesn't seem DCS has held up its side of the bargain here. I do hope these don't next become transferred to DCS stable.

This was a hotfix, not everything can be fixed as fast as hotfixes get put out. I will look over the Ka-50 forum tonight and make sure they are all reported. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

make sure they are all reported

So there will be a follow up hotfix in a few days ? 
these problems wont be moved into Stable Release next update cycle ?

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

3 hours ago, NineLine said:

This was a hotfix, not everything can be fixed as fast as hotfixes get put out. I will look over the Ka-50 forum tonight and make sure they are all reported. 

Hi Nineline, are you all aware of the engine feathering problems with the Mosquito? I know it's probably not a high priority item, but I haven't seen any confirmation it is being looked at it and wanted to bring it to your attention.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:27 PM, Tenebrae Aeternae said:

It resets as soon as you touch zoom function and it doesn´t save per plane so as good as useless.

EDIT:It doesn´t save at all.. just tested. 

That is because it literally just is the toom slider inside that UI. On the pro side, it also adjusts the external zoom (which is saved at least within session separtately) when you use it in like F2 view. This was possible before though with the "external zoom" keys which also have a reset, but you couldn't set a default value. What we really need though is:

- Per aircraft limitation sliders for max / min values and a slider for the default value, of course all within constraints set by the module dev or ED (like no zoom in to 0.5° being possible)

- Also the same as default settings with checkboxes in the per aircraft settings to enable module specific variations of the settings if wanted, so we don't have to change every module one by one

- Default external zoom angle slider

- Keybinds to directly jump to certain angle settings immediately on a keypress, possibly in 10° steps, maybe even 5° (which basically is what the old Il-2 series in the early 2000s had and is possible already in DCS by editing the config.luas for input by adding keybinds to set the slider to a certain value - which is how I have done it to get 30/60/90° instakeys, you just have to calculate the exact values dependant on the min/max FOV range of the given module, most are ranging from 20 to 140° though)

BTW I'm saying that as someone who almost exclusively flies in VR since mid 2019, I wouldn't need that for myself anymore, but I'd like to see such improvements for the average pancake simmer still - I mean, I still do some pancake flying sometimes when I just want to test something that doesn't require me being in VR as it's just quicker to hop in without putting the HMD on and setting everything up completely.

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 10/31/2022 at 8:20 PM, Moxica said:

Love that moon, by the way.

MOONUntitled-1.jpg

I wish the sun would get as much love princess_celestia.png

As it stands currently, it looks absolutely horrible (it's merely just a little yellowish dot) and it's been like that for years. And yes, I do have switched those unrealistic lens flares off, of course (knowing it's not as bad with them on). This is a simulator, not a Hollywood show. Don't need fancy camera effects like that, DOF or Bokeh in first person while sitting in the cockpit. It's just weird.

• Like 3

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

2 hours ago, Eldur said:

I wish the sun would get as much love princess_celestia.png

As it stands currently, it looks absolutely horrible (it's merely just a little yellowish dot) and it's been like that for years. And yes, I do have switched those unrealistic lens flares off, of course (knowing it's not as bad with them on)

The moon from the image was unrealistic and oversized just for Halloween effect.

If you think the sun or moon looks too small (it's actually correct) it just means you fly with too big fov value. If you want to have any realistic blinding effect then you need to turn on the "lens flare" option. I know, unfortunately it comes with actual lens flare - duh! - which is unrealistic, even with helmet visors and HMCS, and unneeded. Users sometimes make a wish about fixing that or make it separate effect but you know... I'm with you on that 🙂 @BIGNEWY Can you ask the team about that? We really want the sun blinding effects just remove the lens flares.

• Like 4

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, scoobie said:

Thanks a million, ED, for expanded "CONTROLS" window! Makes a huge difference for me! :notworthy:

Yes! Makes it so much better to map controls. 

• Like 2

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Did they add sandbars to the river next to Batumi airfield intentionally?

Screenshot 2022-11-03 120911.jpg

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

15 hours ago, Eldur said:

That is because it literally just is the toom slider inside that UI. On the pro side, it also adjusts the external zoom (which is saved at least within session separtately) when you use it in like F2 view. This was possible before though with the "external zoom" keys which also have a reset, but you couldn't set a default value. What we really need though is:

- Per aircraft limitation sliders for max / min values and a slider for the default value, of course all within constraints set by the module dev or ED (like no zoom in to 0.5° being possible)

- Also the same as default settings with checkboxes in the per aircraft settings to enable module specific variations of the settings if wanted, so we don't have to change every module one by one

- Default external zoom angle slider

- Keybinds to directly jump to certain angle settings immediately on a keypress, possibly in 10° steps, maybe even 5° (which basically is what the old Il-2 series in the early 2000s had and is possible already in DCS by editing the config.luas for input by adding keybinds to set the slider to a certain value - which is how I have done it to get 30/60/90° instakeys, you just have to calculate the exact values dependant on the min/max FOV range of the given module, most are ranging from 20 to 140° though)

BTW I'm saying that as someone who almost exclusively flies in VR since mid 2019, I wouldn't need that for myself anymore, but I'd like to see such improvements for the average pancake simmer still - I mean, I still do some pancake flying sometimes when I just want to test something that doesn't require me being in VR as it's just quicker to hop in without putting the HMD on and setting everything up completely.

Hi, can you explain how i do this FOV settings?

1 hour ago, felipesm said:

Hi, can you explain how i do this FOV settings?

Hi, I'm not Eldur, but I can tell you how I customize the FOV on my case. First, I edit the CameraViewAngleLimits parameter of the aircraft I want, on the Server.Lua file at /Saved Games/Config/View/

QHoDvJq.jpg

If you don't have this folder and file at your Saved Games, create the Folder manually using Windows and then copy the Server.Lua file that its at C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\View\  ... this way you can edit the file without breaking the IC (Integrity Check)

On this example I use the values 20 and 180, corresponding to the minimum and maximum zoom views that the aircraft will have. The normal Zoom level will be its mid point (20 + 180) / 2 = 100º

Next, I edit the SnapViews.lua file .. this is created by DCS automatically when you save any snapview, with the keys Right Alt + NumPad 0 

stQ86QH.jpg

On this file, for the aircraft I'm intersted in (on the example, the Mirage F1CE), I locathe the Snap View 5 ... this corresponds to the key NumPad 5, that you usually use to return to default view. For this entry, set viewAngle to the mid point defined on the previous file .. on this example: 100º

Then, on DCS whenever you set Zoom to normal, you will have this custom FOV, like seen here:

qQ7UTfm.jpg

I know it seems convoluted, but it is actually pretty easy once you have done it a couple of times 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB