Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

28 minutes ago, Wychmaster said:

There was a binding but it was just a toggle. So you used the same key to flip the switch up and down. This wasn't very useful if you wanted to bind the launch bar to a physical 2-way switch. Now it seems that we have a dedicated up and down key binding.

Ah, I see.  I'm OK with the toggle, but thanks for the info.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

2 hours ago, VociferousBob said:

Really? Who reported that?

"Couldn't help noticing as I was thrashing around for the eject handle during my latest death spiral, that I still had fuel in my non-existent wings..." 🙃🪂

I know I need to punch out sooner than later, but let me quickly see if I'm at bingo fuel yet. *click* Nope. Eject, eject, eject!

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

image.png

image.png

Although I use VAICOM with the kneeboard extension myself, thank you for listening to the community by adding this into DCS core!

3 hours ago, sirrah said:

image.png

Although I use VAICOM with the kneeboard extension myself, thank you for listening to the community by adding this into DCS core!

Is this new messages history available without pausing the game, say through a keybind? Seems like it would be a good idea to be able to pull it up similar to the MP player list so that you could keep flying while viewing it.

Edited by sthompson
  • Like 4

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

6 hours ago, sthompson said:

Is this new messages history available without pausing the game, say through a keybind? Seems like it would be a good idea to be able to pull it up similar to the MP player list so that you could keep flying while viewing it.

Unfortunately not no. It is accessed by pressing the escape key. But let's consider it a good first step 🙂

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

13 hours ago, Blackfyre said:

Yes. There are old-new keybindings for launch bar in Hornet. Now I don't have to edit default.lua myself at each update.

Well, if you need more and don't want to edit.

And this

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds

2 hours ago, wowbagger said:

I'm betting @Taz1004might be able to come up with something, like he did with no pause briefing.

Dude's a wizard.

HAHA! You beat me to it. I was gonna suggest it too! 😁

10 часов назад, MAXsenna сказал:

Well, if you need more and don't want to edit.

Thanks, but I fly almost exclusively in Hornet. And main thing which bothers me is to remember restore my changes in lua files, not changing itself. For keeping, restoring or merging changes I use git.

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

Can anyone elaborate on the VR: free cam mode? I've asked in the VR forum and the opinion there is it's Ctrl+F11 and was there before the patch, or is it something different to that, or has something new or improved been added to the implementation of Ctrl+F11? Thanks.

i5-11600K CPU, 64GB DDR4 RAM, XFX Speedster MERC319 AMD Radeon 6900 XT, Oculus Quest 2, HP Reverb G2

16 hours ago, AlpineGTA said:

Can anyone elaborate on the VR: free cam mode? I've asked in the VR forum and the opinion there is it's Ctrl+F11 and was there before the patch, or is it something different to that, or has something new or improved been added to the implementation of Ctrl+F11? Thanks.

I was wondering about this as well. Anyone any idea?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

DCS Black Shark by Eagle Dynamics

• Laser designator can't be repaired / checked and maintained by ground crew - fixed.

Am I dreaming? Is it finally possible to deliver more than 30 shots after well over a decade by simply getting the thing repaired instead of having to respawn completely? awesome.png

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, giullep said:

Ok no hope to catch the ah-64 before the end of march… but news about the next beta release date?

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

🙂

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

gXL4isB.png  HVYapur.png  SRsfa58.gif  q4fEPdv.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

No clue on the Apache. I have no interest in speculation there.

What I'm curious about is the February patch cycle. It's unusual to skip an entire patch cycle, particularly without transparency. The last time I recall a patch cycle being skipped was due to game-breaking bugs, and that was clearly communicated. In contrast to the radio silence we've had this week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

Newsletter out. Doesn't mention what happened to the February patch cycle. 

Hmm, let me see, whal could have happened?

If you see the news there's something in Ukraine, which can be called a WAR, I mean a REAL WAR, so maybe that COULD cause some itty-bitty disturbances.

For everyone who claim for the patches: in these times there're more important things is our lives than patches for a game. At least for me.

Let's hope that all the team and 3rd parties will go well. Peace for all.

Edited by St4rgun
  • Like 9
  • PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP