Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

• NOTE: Users with custom liveries will need to move them to the new location
  • …\Mods\aircraft\MiG-21bis\Liveries\Cockpit_MiG-21bis

What is this suppose to mean? If I change the folder name to "Cockpit_Mig-21bis", Cockpit liveries can't be changed anymore from the settings. The old "Mig-21_CP" folder still works.

Edited by Blinde
  • Like 1

so what was changed here? Does this mean you can boresight them with master arm safe or you have to be in sim or what? I always used to do it with master arm safe. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong now but i can't boresight them on the ground anymore.

• Fixed: Maverick boresighting on ground - no GND JETT ENABLE, no MASTER ARM SIM.

Edit: after further testing, I guess it means both have to be on to boresight now....

Edited by tech_op2000

Fantastic, comprehensive update. Great work.

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

i'm not on open beta. can anyone have a look if AAA units now all have crew modelled? in the trailer there is a shot of a very high poly middle eastern dude manning a zsu-23-2 i think...
i'm desperately waiting for AAA crew...

Edited by twistking

2 minutes ago, sanc2775 said:

The web is down, cant get into the multiplayer, anyone else has that issue after last patch today?

I'm getting "error 502 bad gateway" on both the patcher and the official website.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Weirdly not getting authorized first attempt (no modules). Seems to have worked 2nd attempt but it hanged  minute at ~"getting authorized". Never seen that before.

Successfully logged into Multiplayer (Hoggit training server), so that works.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

3 hours ago, zildac said:

Terrain shadows to anything other than off still seem to have a circa 20FPS performance impact in VR.

Dammit. That have keep me "away" from DCS for a few weeks... My guess is that only be fixed when ED implement the new shadows coding. I think i read something about it but i can´t find it, if so i will post here the link.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Apache:

"Added Pilot and CP/G first person view models with animations."

You should have started with this great news!

I know many people here (probably most pankace users) don't caat all for this feature, but to me it adds a lot to immersion. So, thanks so much for the time and effort you've put into this ED!

Hopefully life allows me to check it out tomorrow.

Edit:

Sorry for font size.. forum seems to be acting weird on my phone today

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1 hour ago, twistking said:

i'm not on open beta. can anyone have a look if AAA units now all have crew modelled? in the trailer there is a shot of a very high poly middle eastern dude manning a zsu-23-2 i think...
i'm desperately waiting for AAA crew...

Yes, all the technicals with the 12.7 and 23mm now have the Insurgent crews modeled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gunnar81 said:

Yes, all the technicals with the 12.7 and 23mm now have the Insurgent crews modeled.

Wow! That's also great news!

Missed that one in the log. Very nice update 👍 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 2 Stunden schrieb sirrah:

You should have started with this great news!

I know many people here (probably most pankace users) don't caat all for this feature, but to me it adds a lot to immersion. So, thanks so much for the time and effort you've put into this ED!

Hopefully life allows me to check it out tomorrow.

Edit:

Sorry for font size.. forum seems to be acting weird on my phone today

Yes, that‘s true……this is amazing….I have now arms and legs in the Apache. Feel like a human in this amazing machine.🤩

check the HMD IHADSS add/ remove animation……

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

11 hours ago, zildac said:

Terrain shadows to anything other than off still seem to have a circa 20FPS performance impact in VR.

Anyone else noticed any change to VR performance? 

There’s so many of us hanging back on 2.7 given current OB performance deteriorations. 

• Like 1

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Still didn't have time to check for myself. Did ED by any chance also fix the CPG seat position? (CPG now in center of the seat?)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

There’s so many of us hanging back on 2.7 given current OB performance deteriorations. 
For the limited MP time I had yesterday I feel it's a tiny bit better, I feel it again as it was on 2.7 at least of my end, also tested some SP mission to confirm fps were better. Mind you I have not tested shadows or global illumination cause that was killing my frames in previous patches and I can live without it.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Willie Nelson said:

I played a simple 1 v 1 ww2 singleplayer dogfight on the channel map and had pretty bad performance. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

5 hours ago, scommander2 said:

ETA for the stable version?  Thanks.

The change log for Open Beta is pretty substantial. Which always adds potential for new issues to be highlighted as part of the open beta process. How long it might take for these new and as yet unknown issues to be resolved, along with resolving already highlighted issues in 2.8 would seem at best an educated guess. I wouldn't expect an ETA at this stage.

• Like 2

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

vor 4 Stunden schrieb sirrah:

Still didn't have time to check for myself. Did ED by any chance also fix the CPG seat position? (CPG now in center of the seat?)

No, CPG still sitting left….

Edit: I guess I was wrong. CPG position is fixed now with the latest OB

vor 2 Stunden schrieb hreich:

I see in oatch notes info about new crew voices for apache.. Any info what are they?

Sent from my M2003J15SC using Tapatalk

George says now some additional sentences. Just heard him only as CPG not as PLT.

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1