Patch notes discussion thread 2022

BIGNEWY

I love the jitter fix for TGP (its fixed on Viper too, but not listed on changelog), it was annoying for YEARS!

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

• 2 weeks later...

Well, considering there are some pretty critical bugs with designation moving waypoints in the Hornet, this would be a very bad version to inflict on stable players. "Stable" is there for people who don't want to spend a month unable to do much A/G without messing their flight plan up.

5 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Well, considering there are some pretty critical bugs with designation moving waypoints in the Hornet, this would be a very bad version to inflict on stable players. "Stable" is there for people who don't want to spend a month unable to do much A/G without messing their flight plan up.

Thanks for the quick answer, haven't followed the bug reports. I'm almost always flying on stable and only read the release notes of the new OB versions.

But I'm on the hype train for the F1 🤣

Presumably, the next stable will be out after the AI improvements stabilize and the Mirage gets day 1 bugs ironed out. Might be after next month's update or later, depending on how it goes, although it's also possible they'll want to get Mirage F1 out to stable ASAP.

17 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Yep, and some of the Apache Training Missions are borked, so this would definitely not be a good build to move to stable.

I'm a little surprised that there wasn't a hot fix for the TM issue as there will be quite a few new Apache buyers atm.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

Can the typo in the DCS 2.7.16 patch notes be fixed please? There is no such thing as a "Mirage F-1". It's either "Mirage F1" or "Mitsubishi F-1".

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Wow big update today. Looking forward to checking out the new George AI features for the Apache.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Indeed a big update

Great work ED/3rd parties 💪

And congrats Aerges!

I am probably just seeing things I want to see, but do we have a map teaser here?

Screenshot_20220721-180740_YouTube.jpg

I own all modern maps, but I don't recognize this area

Source:

@ 1:01 min

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

ok guys, i'm not on open beta, so will someone please check out the new AAA and the SON-9 ?

does the SON-9 also work with the 57mm, or only 100mm? does it give a lock-on warning? what kind of ammo is modelled for the 100mm: proximity or timed?

very excited about the AAA additions 🙂

Edited by twistking

ED, I really think you could improve the updater with more options on what to update.  This update will take me around 15 hours to download. I assume this update is so huge because of the SA map updates. I just want to fly the the F1 now, but instead I will have to wait a couple of days for an update of a map I do not intend to play right now...

5 minutes ago, MBot said:

ED, I really think you could improve the updater with more options on what to update.  This update will take me around 15 hours to download. I assume this update is so huge because of the SA map updates. I just want to fly the the F1 now, but instead I will have to wait a couple of days for an update of a map I do not intend to play right now...

Workaround -> Start DCS, click later, go to module manager, disable SA map, close DCS, Start DCS, press update.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Workaround -> Start DCS, click later, go to module manager, disable SA map, close DCS, Start DCS, press update.

I tried that but it didn't change the download size. Unless of course it isn't the SA map that is clogging up the update. But then what could it be instead with over 30 GB?

54 minutes ago, Gun Jam said:

I saw no mention of weather changes in the change log but other post seemed to indicate that there would be weather updates with this patch. Which one is correct?

There was no post by officials stating such thing that I'm aware of. If you're thinking about newsletter, it only stated "soon", which, in DCS language, might be anywhere between two weeks and two (plus) months. If some non-ED guy wrote it, well, that would only be whishful thinking (which is rampant on these forums 😉 ).

Granted, it's always normal for some new DCS features and fixes not to be mentioned in the changelog, but I think weather improvements would be too important to skip. Anyway, downloading now, will start testing soon.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

14 minutes ago, MBot said:

I tried that but it didn't change the download size. Unless of course it isn't the SA map that is clogging up the update. But then what could it be instead with over 30 GB?

To make sure make a copy of SA folder and remove it from Module Manager. Then try the update.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Definitely like the new George AI NATO IFF labels for the Apache.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Fantastic patch! I really can't put into words how happy I am with it, awesome stuff!

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, twistking said:

ok guys, i'm not on open beta, so will someone please check out the new AAA and the SON-9 ?

does the SON-9 also work with the 57mm, or only 100mm?

IRL, yes - difficult to tell in DCS. I'm not really seeing much improvement pairing it up with the AZP S-60s, KS-19 seems pretty accurate though. More testing is probably needed.

does it give a lock-on warning? what kind of ammo is modelled for the 100mm: proximity or timed?

Timed - OF-412 projectiles (same as on the T-55A).

EDIT: Whoops, no it doesn't produce a lock warning (though it should), unfortunately RWRs aren't updated simultaneously - the radar appears as a U (unknown - should appear as A) and doesn't produce a lock warning.

very excited about the AAA additions 🙂

Definitely - they've even got the SON-9 animated for both search (radar spinning - though right now it only appears to scan 1 elevation, AFAIK it should be able to perform a helical search, I think kinda like a bar search but with a 360° azimuth) and track (radar staring at target).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Here comes the time when the world needs a hero...no, more disk space, I have uninstalled 2 WW2-related maps (I dunno why I bought them in the first place) to get enough disk space to install. Here we go downloading again...

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

52 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Fantastic patch! I really can't put into words how happy I am with it, awesome stuff!

[...]

Definitely - they've even got the SON-9 animated for both search (radar spinning - though right now it only appears to scan 1 elevation, AFAIK it should be able to perform a helical search, I think kinda like a bar search but with a 360° azimuth) and track.

Great. Thanks!
Why would a tank fire time fuzed projectiles though? Or is it the same projectile, only with different fuze (timed on AAA, impact on tank)???

IRL, yes - difficult to tell in DCS. I'm not really seeing much improvement pairing it up with the AZP S-60s, KS-19 seems pretty accurate though. More testing is probably needed

Easiest thing to test would be to make the guns lowish skill level and make mission time past sunset. I think currently only highest skill AAA will engage AC visually at night and only at short ranges. With functional radar support i would expect somewhat improved performance at night.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

IRL, yes - difficult to tell in DCS. I'm not really seeing much improvement pairing it up with the AZP S-60s, KS-19 seems pretty accurate though. More testing is probably needed

Definitely - they've even got the SON-9 animated for both search (radar spinning - though right now it only appears to scan 1 elevation, AFAIK it should be able to perform a helical search, I think kinda like a bar search but with a 360° azimuth) and track.

Regading the SON-9, yes both LUA files (KS-19 and S-60) have a "depend" line related to the SON-9. So both can fire with and without the SON-9 radar director. 

There are a pair of new LUAS for the KS-19 projectiles it seems.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, twistking said:

Great. Thanks!
Why would a tank fire time fuzed projectiles though? Or is it the same projectile, only with different fuze (timed on AAA, impact on tank)???

Yeah, my guess is that (or it can have impact and timed fuses), both guns are chambered for the same rounds.

49 minutes ago, twistking said:

Easiest thing to test would be to make the guns lowish skill level and make mission time past sunset. I think currently only highest skill AAA will engage AC visually at night and only at short ranges. With functional radar support i would expect somewhat improved performance at night.

What a doughnut!

Yes this should've been the first thing I should've done :doh:, watch this space (unless someone beats me to it).

Okay, in the first night time test (pitch black, no moon, default weather), the radar seems to have trouble finding targets at all.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.