DCS: AJS-37 Patch Jan 27th 2022 Feedback Thread

IronMike

As always, dear everyone, we appreciate your feedback on the recent patch, please find the changelog below:

DCS: AJS-37 Viggen by Heatblur Simulations

• FR24 transmit power changed to 3W in VoIP.
  • Fixed FR22 frequency display when set at x99 frequency.
  • Ground crew is now heard with a closed canopy.
  • Fixed no sound when disengaging the parking brake via toe brake.
  • Mission data will be cleared before loading new data.
  • Fixed countermeasure bindings.
  • Canopy state is now updated in the cockpit after being jettisoned.
  • Improved AKAN gunsight accuracy.
  • Allowed kneeboard settings to be used on cold start and changed their hotkeys slightly to avoid conflict with weapon selection knob hotkeys.
  • Fixed LS points not repopulating on cartridge change.
  • Like 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1. Almost impossible to set the Parking Brakes. Managed to do it 1 out of ten.

2. Strange line in the Radar (radar.jpg )

3. ARAK with ANF selected (arak1) Seems to be the center part of the Timeline below the aiming point.

4. During the dive with ARAK (arak2). No marks on the timeline.

/Stellan

radar.jpg

arak1.jpg

arak2.jpg

• Like 1

Now theres always a nav system problem, does not matter if you do a manual start or an auto start. You do the 9099 thing, but in the bana/grans position, it doesn´t show the runway heading, just 00 or 18 if you change the rwy heading. Also, the waypoints have that line on them, like the post above shows😕

Ok, I´ve made some test in other airports (caucasus), and the runway numbers are not right, maybe is that🤔

Edited by AKULA_OPTIMUS

Has the Bx7 bug fixed?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 hour ago, hilmerby said:

2. Strange line in the Radar (radar.jpg )

3. ARAK with ANF selected (arak1) Seems to be the center part of the Timeline below the aiming point.

4. During the dive with ARAK (arak2). No marks on the timeline.

/Stellan

Reported all but No.2, as that one was already in there.
Workaround is to set 0, on all waypoints in BANA/GRÄNS.

1 hour ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

Now theres always a nav system problem, does not matter if you do a manual start or an auto start. You do the 9099 thing, but in the bana/grans position, it doesn't show the runway heading, just 00 or 18 if you change the rwy heading. Also, the waypoints have that line on them, like the post above shows😕

Ok, I´ve made some test in other airports (caucasus), and the runway numbers are not right, maybe is that🤔

Are you by chance using ground start? If so try using one of the ramp options to see if that works, I had success doing that.
Workaround if that does not work is to manually set LS using the reference codes.

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Has the Bx7 bug fixed?

No, does not seem to be fixed yet.

• Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

44 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Are you by chance using ground start? If so try using one of the ramp options to see if that works, I had success doing that.
Workaround if that does not work is to manually set LS using the reference codes.

I don´t understand, it just happens in one particular mission, I made another, same route, same parking spot (at Anapa), same start procedure (autostart in case I´m doing something wrong).... but in one the heading is ok, the other is broken, what can it be🤨

11.jpg

Screen_220127_195352.jpg

2 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

I don´t understand, it just happens in one particular mission, I made another, same route, same parking spot (at Anapa), same start procedure (autostart in case I´m doing something wrong).... but in one the heading is ok, the other is broken, what can it be🤨

11.jpg

Screen_220127_195352.jpg

Are you using "Ground start" or "Ramp start" in the mission?
Ramp start seems to be working, while Ground start does not load LS correctly.

Are you able to upload the missions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Are you using "Ground start" or "Ramp start" in the mission?
Ramp start seems to be working, while Ground start does not load LS correctly.

Are you able to upload the missions?

Ramp start, I always do. This is the mission, it worked alright until the patch, maybe is something with the route or I dunno🥲

VIGGEN TEST.miz

• Thanks 1

Ramp start, I always do. This is the mission, it worked alright until the patch, maybe is something with the route or I dunno🥲

VIGGEN TEST.miz 89.1 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like it's loading LS as the invisible FARP south of the aircraft. I'm guessing because it's closer than the airfield itself if that makes sense.
I checked it by having LS selected, and switching to REF/LOLA and UT. There it said 903100, which is the REF code for that FARP. That together with the 000511 in BANA/GRÄNS told me it loaded the wrong code, but loaded something correctly.

So to fix this I guess would be to either move it further away from the airfield, remove it or manually load 9001 as LS.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, there is a farp in one of the airport platforms so the helo could land in there, never had thought of that, thank you very much you both😃👍

just as a bit of an addendum: when loading in a FARP as the ref code, it seems the "runway" heading will be whatever orientation the FARP is set to... a nice way to get the correct heading pre-set when using road bases 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, markbam said:

The kneeboard subpages are still unable to be bound to anything other than the keyboard.

This one is already in the bug tracker. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

For anyone who is having trouble with the parking brake, can you try this track file?  For me, the parking brake is working every time, and I can't get it to fail as you are describing.  Maybe try watching my track and let me know if it works during the replay.  Then try taking control and see if you can get it to set properly.

AJS37_parking_brake_works.trk

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

3 hours ago, Machalot said:

For anyone who is having trouble with the parking brake, can you try this track file?  For me, the parking brake is working every time, and I can't get it to fail as you are describing.  Maybe try watching my track and let me know if it works during the replay.  Then try taking control and see if you can get it to set properly.

AJS37_parking_brake_works.trk 253.2 kB · 1 download

It works fine in your replay, but when I try it myself (fresh mission or taking control of yours), the parking brake will turn off the moment I let go of the toe brakes.
It seems to work ok if I bind the wheel brakes to a button, but when using axis for wheelbrakes it's a no-go at least 95% of the time.

Could it be reacting to any possible jitter in the axis (or foot movement) as a "push in" even when broadly attempting to release?

Edited by LazyBoot

1 hour ago, LazyBoot said:

It works fine in your replay, but when I try it myself (fresh mission or taking control of yours), the parking brake will turn off the moment I let go of the toe brakes.
It seems to work ok if I bind the wheel brakes to a button, but when using axis for wheelbrakes it's a no-go at least 95% of the time.

Could it be reacting to any possible jitter in the axis (or foot movement) as a "push in" even when broadly attempting to release?

I have a single slider axis mapped to wheel brakes. Are you using individual toe brake pedals? 

5 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

Yes

That's common with @MYSE1234. I wonder if you're right, there is some tiny asynchronous movement between pedals gives it a reverse/release signal. 

When I've tested the parking brake issue I've found, with two toe brake pedals / axis set, you have to have both down and also rapidly bring them both up again once you have set the parking brake. Otherwise there is a good chance it will unset the parking brake if you bring them up slowly, and it pretty much always unsets parking brake if you bring up one or the other toe brake by itself.

Edit: On Thrustmaster T.Flight rudder pedals (TFRP), but don't think that makes a difference here? Also clarifying some English to make issue clearer.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

On 1/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, hilmerby said:

Hi, thanx for reporting the issues. However, I am trying to engage the brake and each time it does work for me. Can you, please, try and describe how are you trying to engage them?

1 hour ago, YessMasster said:

Hi, thanx for reporting the issues. However, I am trying to engage the brake and each time it does work for me. Can you, please, try and describe how are you trying to engage them?

I have sent you a message on discord about this as well. 

• Like 1

Hi, in dogfight noticed some problem with capturing the target with RB-74. When you going head to head and the tags direct on the target, the circle marker going  around of target, but the sound is changed. And if looking are better on target (when you going head to head), you can see the second barely noticeable circle marker. And noticed second thing, when you launch the first Rb-74 (and the target use thermal traps), this go around, somehow captured thermal traps. But the second launch RB-74 goes to the target.

Edited by delande