MFD table support

Nahemoth

Hi,

I want to use a table support for installing two MFDs, and I have found this from cubesim (only the frame):

image.png

Do you recommend me it, o any other suggestion?

Right now I have TM Warthog stick and throttle attached to the chair with monstertech supports.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

You could fit both MFDs to a 11.6" monitor - then mount it using the monstertech center mount?

monstertech_mfd_mount_center_v2_extras_0

I have just fitted 2 MFDs to a 3d printed faceplate that slips over a 11.6 screen - which you could then fit onto the center mount. I chose to leave them on the screen stand located just under my main monitor.

IMG_20220307_102204.jpg

IMG_20220307_131228.jpg

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:18 PM, Nahemoth said:

Thank you for the info.

Finally I mounted both MFDs on a Monstertech support, but without any screen, I usually fly on VR.

That's a great choice, enjoy them

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

6 hours ago, Nahemoth said:

Indeed! I also installed the winwing landing gear panel, and now waiting to receive Pointctrl!

hell of a setup 😉

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I am thinking of doing the same.  Is there a specific centermount you ordered from Monstertech?

Leg2ion, do you happen to have the stl you used to print out?  And also where did you get that particular 11.6" screen?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dradecki
Addition

En 17/3/2022 a las 19:21, dradecki dijo:

I am thinking of doing the same.  Is there a specific centermount you ordered from Monstertech?

Leg2ion, do you happen to have the stl you used to print out?  And also where did you get that particular 11.6" screen?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered the table mount for the stick, but without installing the stick (already in the chair):

https://www.monster.tech/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount/

Then I use the MFD supports:

https://www.monster.tech/en/product/mfd-tablet-mount/

• Like 1

Hi @dradecki - apologies for a late reply. 

The screen is a 11.6" Wimaxit 1920X1080 16:9 Display - USB powered version (from Amazon - happy to send a link if you cannot find it). The screen display is pretty good - good colour and brightness.

I have attached the files I used for the faceplate in the photos in this post, along with a 'blank' with no cable guides. A word of caution - I had mine printed out remotely - and the left edge kept distorting/warping - although once on the screen and the MFD screwed on flattened out nicely. One solution may be to increase the thickness to 3mm from 2mm.

Faceplate.stl 2mm Blank Faceplate 110.stl Faceplate.3mf

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.