My DCS-Bios multi-module solution and furthermore wireless 😉

pavidovich

Hello everybody,

I share with you my solution to the DCS-Bios multi-module management for any button box. 

The code is based on an ESP32 that allows fully wireless communication with DCS, that means it is not required any USB port

https://github.com/pavidovich/ESP32_MultiModuleDCSBios

The code can be easiliy adapted to your button box, just replace the function getButton() (present in the ESP32_Code.ino) with any other that gets the button ID from your button box.

There are 3 examples based on the A-4E-C, F-5E-3 and T45 modules. Just take into account that these examples are based on my button-box, so you should adapt them to your necessities.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi, is this for some specific hardware or is it full dcs-bios on esp32 just like an Arduino and you can define pins and switches like normal, and perhaps drive a display faster than an Arduino?

Edited by maciekish

En 17/3/2023 a las 12:46, maciekish dijo:

Hi, is this for some specific hardware or is it full dcs-bios on esp32 just like an Arduino and you can define pins and switches like normal, and perhaps drive a display faster than an Arduino?

Hi, this ESP32 implementation is just only for my radio panel project, it doesn't integrate all the original DCSBios functions and callbacks. It helps me to understand the DCSBios inner logic.

In my repository you can find a DCSBios fork that includes both, the ESP32 and ESP8266 microcontrollers, available as options like the Arduino or STM32.

https://github.com/pavidovich/dcs-bios-arduino-library

Furthermore, if you don't require the WiFi accessibility, you can use the ESPs as a traditional Arduino board with the original DCSBios library. In this situation two considerations, the IRQ option isn't available and the Arduino Servo library isn't compatible with the ESPs.

The ESPs are faster than the traditional Arduinos, they have larger memory, I/O pins, SPI/I2C buses, etc.

Hope can be useful.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, Vinc_Vega dijo:

Interesting stuff!

But is it possible to use ESP32 boards as RS485 slaves?

Regards, Vinc

As far as I know it could be possible. RS485 uses the serial bus interface and the ESPs microcontrollers integrate it.

• Thanks 1