buy on steam play on standalone?

Hello! I have seen that latelly in Steam when there is a discount your campaign there is 50% off and in standalone not. So I would like to ask you. If I buy it in Steam, can I play it in standalone? Usually the opposite is not possible, but steam to standalone I have several modules that where bought in steam and I fly them on standalone.

Is this possible? anything special has to be done to make it work? Thanks!

2 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Hello! I have seen that latelly in Steam when there is a discount your campaign there is 50% off and in standalone not. So I would like to ask you. If I buy it in Steam, can I play it in standalone? Usually the opposite is not possible, but steam to standalone I have several modules that where bought in steam and I fly them on standalone.

Is this possible? anything special has to be done to make it work? Thanks!

Hi, to be honest it was the intention there should be 50% off the Serpent’s Head 2 in both Steam and standalone so I am unclear why it is not. I will raise your comment with ED and get back to you.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

7 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

any news on this one?

Sorry no. Have informed ED who said their team is looking into it. It’s out of my control until I get their response. Will update you here as soon as I get their response.

Badger634

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

22 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

ok thanks. In case is possible to use the steam one in standalone also please tell me. I would preffer to buy it on ED page as most of the money goes for the creator and ED

Will do.

18 hours ago, Japo32 said:

ok thanks. In case is possible to use the steam one in standalone also please tell me. I would preffer to buy it on ED page as most of the money goes for the creator and ED

I will have to wait for ED to get the discount corrected in the stand alone version unfortunately. 

They have said it is possible to use the steam version in stand alone as long as you have linked your Steam account to your DCS account. Must admit I have never done this so not familiar how it works.

These are the links that ED sent me. Hope this makes sense to you, I must emphasis though I have never done this and so will not be able to help you with it. 

Steam FAQ can be found here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/steam/

ED Forums
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/500/#1510447 How to transfer keyless DCS modules purchased on STEAM? Please note, all future DCS World DLC released on Steam from 12th May 2017 on will now use Steam Keys instead of Star-Force keys. Here are some modules released on Steam afte...

I do this.  My steam account is linked and I did it using the FAQ above..

I use standalone beta but I sometimes buy modules or campaigns on steam as it can work out cheaper with the currency conversion (From South Africa).

I purchase on steam and it is then available for download the next time I open standalone.

2 hours ago, Japo32 said:

Buyed and Linked. Works without any problem. A shame not be able to buy it in standalone... as said the last 3-4 sales where not your product, so you may have lost some sellings there. Hope is fixed for next one.

Thanks!

Hope you enjoy the campaign 🙂👍

• Like 1