Dynamic Radio?

Steve Gee

In Options/Misc, under the Overlay section, there's a button called Dynamic Radio. What exactly does this do?

• Like 1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Bump! Either nobody knows or it's that obvious that we don't get an answer here? Either way - I'd also like to know what it does...

I confess I'm totally unfamiliar with the new radio functions though.

I've searched the manual and the forums also with no luck.

Edited by NoJoy

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

Hi,

Since I only noticed this option yesterday, I also asked this question in the German forum. But haven't received an answer yet. It's just stupid when something is implemented but there is no further information about it anywhere...

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

On 2/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, Cathnan said:

Mere speculation, but I would bet it has to do with the new Voip system. You can add radios to planes that don't actually have them to make communication within your flight easier. Like you can add an ARC210 to a FW190 A8.

This

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

it is all explained here:

you can add new radios as you want to configure them or just "install" a radio from another plane of another era to your plane and you could then use it to contact other units. Say you are in a P47 and want to talk with a Hornet driver... for some reason.

and here
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/upload/medialibrary/30a/k3o2gik7dkxf2qpk2fram6igpp8egac0/DCS_Voice_Chat_Quick_Start.pdf

Edited by zaelu
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least