A10c ii MFCD backlight brightness not working

DOG

Hullo everyone , after the (OB) 2.7.10.18996  update  the MFCD Backlight Brightness is not working for me any more , and i played 2 days ago  in 2.7.9.18080 and it was working fine. I want to know if this is happening to anybody else thx. 😀

• Like 5

23 hours ago, DOG said:

Hullo everyone , after the (OB) 2.7.10.18996  update  the MFCD Backlight Brightness is not working for me any more , and i played 2 days ago  in 2.7.9.18080 and it was working fine. I want to know if this is happening to anybody else thx. 😀

Are you talking about the Day/Night/Off knob or the BRT +/- rocker switch?  I'll check it tonight

Edit: Yes, it does appear the DISP +/- rocker switch does not adjust the backlight for the MFD's.  BRT, CON and SYM all seem to work normally

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 3

On 1/28/2022 at 8:46 AM, DOG said:

Concur.  The day night modes work on the rotary switches but the display rocker switch +/- has no effect.  On night mode the displays are at full brightness.

Edited by Tinkickef
  • Like 3

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

On 1/28/2022 at 6:07 PM, jaylw314 said:

Are you talking about the Day/Night/Off knob or the BRT +/- rocker switch?  I'll check it tonight

Edit: Yes, it does appear the DISP +/- rocker switch does not adjust the backlight for the MFD's.  BRT, CON and SYM all seem to work normally

Nope i am talking about the switch on the upper right corner of the mfcd that says DSP and has a +- symbols 

• Like 2

Same, noticed it the other day, confirmed since then a couple of times.

DSP brightness doesn't raise or lower MFCD brightness as it did in the past.

• Like 1

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2022 at 6:14 AM, Convexrook said:

I haven't played DCS since 😞 

Hope it's in the next patch!!

It won't be,  ED took the a-10 dev off of the module a long time ago. There are no devs working on the A-10.

Edited by Thump

On 2/1/2022 at 11:43 AM, Tarl said:

this should be a simple bug fix @ ED .... night flights are unplayable currently 

I agree with everything that has been written, it is really impossible to control TGP at night, compared to the old A-10C it is very difficult, it is not only TGP, but also Maverick TV, I hope that ED follows the feedback and that it may improve , and until then try Lalt + F1, I don't really see a reason why the configuration of very important subjects for working on the battlefield has been changed compared to the previous version.And in essence, I am very satisfied with the current A-10C 2, only this is a small drawback...

Edited by Dragan

This may not be a bug.

If you've ever read Buck Wyndam's excellent book "Hogs in the Sand" he describes taping a green film (I cannot remember specifically what type) over the MFCDs at night because they were too bright and never designed to be used at night.

His book is highly suggested reading for anyone interested in early A-10 tactics and employment.

57 minutes ago, King39 said:

If you've ever read Buck Wyndam's excellent book "Hogs in the Sand" he describes taping a green film (I cannot remember specifically what type) over the MFCDs at night because they were too bright and never designed to be used at night.

I must confess I haven't read that book (not yet 😉), and it may well be that William Smallwood gave similar pilot recollections in "Flying the A-10 in the Gulf War", which I did read so long ago that my memory is definitely fading on the finer details.

But back in the '91 Gulf War, wouldn't there have been a single screen for the Maverick display, where the pilots learned that they could use the IR Maverick seekers as kind of a poor man's TGP? That certainly wasn't designed for night ops.

I believe the A-10C MFCDs were indeed meant to be used at night, not the least indication being the "NIGHT" position on their "DAY/NIGHT/OFF" switch.

In this case I think we're indeed seeing a problem with DCS' representation of the MFCDs.

6 hours ago, King39 said:

This may not be a bug.

His book is highly suggested reading for anyone interested in early A-10 tactics and employment.

The bug is less that the MFCD's are too bright--it's more so that the BRT +/- rocker does not affect the backlight brightness at all, as it should and used to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yurgon said:

believe the A-10C MFCDs were indeed meant to be used at night, not the least indication being the "NIGHT" position on their "DAY/NIGHT/OFF" switch.

In this case I think we're indeed seeing a problem with DCS' representation of the MFCDs.

Once again, you are correct, Sir. I missed the common sense answer to the query. Yes, they WERE designed to be used at night as reflected in the "Night" setting of the dial.

Still, I do remember reading something about the brightness of the MFCD's. Let me ask Buck and see what he says.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King39 said:

This may not be a bug.

That was for A models not C models and for the Mav screen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1