A10c ii MFCD backlight brightness not working

DOG

• 3 weeks later...

This is still broken. It definitely worked last year, so a patch broke it some time ago. The "Disp" brightness rocker doesn't do anything.

I'd just like to point out that it's a serious issue and not a nitpick. This is what night flying looks like right now, with MFDs switched to the "Night" setting... The A10 is just not useful for night flying any more.

Screen_220406_190712.pngScreen_220406_190902.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Vioilet said:

This is still broken. It definitely worked last year, so a patch broke it some time ago. The "Disp" brightness rocker doesn't do anything.

I'd just like to point out that it's a serious issue and not a nitpick. This is what night flying looks like right now, with MFDs switched to the "Night" setting... The A10 is just not useful for night flying any more.

Yes, it was a couple updates ago.  The only workaround for now is to reduce both the brightness and symbology brightness, but it's still pretty painful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vioilet said:

Still another few months (at best) until we get any movement on the A-10.  Might have some luck with this issue since it's such a blatant problem, but they haven't had a dev on this aircraft in quite a while.  Last real update was over a year ago.

Edited by Thump
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Convexrook said:

@BIGNEWY Any updates on this ?

Night flying is quite painful in VR to the point where screen remain in my vison after removing the headset 😞

Sorry I have terrible eyes.

Still no devs working on the A-10.  Check back in a few months.

• Like 1

From a normal view in the cockpit it is impossible to see targets on TGP, the worst is WHOT, I started to use LAlt + F1 intensively during night tasks and do not adjust anything at all, I would ask once again to fix TGP in the next update and minimize night light.Also from the beginning I personally have a problem using TGP in cannon attack, during deep dives between -20 to -30 and more TGP loses grip and strays from the target.I think that intervention is needed here complete TGP for A-10C...

Edited by Dragan

51 minutes ago, Convexrook said:

you with ED?

If he was he'd have a "ED Beta testers" or the like under his name. But the answer is no, he just assumes that they're not working on it. And I don't know if they're working on it either, so don't ask me.

Edited by EricJ
  • Like 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

3 hours ago, Convexrook said:

you with ED?

Nope I am not with ED, but both BN and NL said no devs are working on the A-10 currently.  The one dev they did have on it was moved away from the A-10 months ago without any expected return date.  So it's a bit more than just an assumption but more like an educated estimation based on their words and the lack of any progress with the A-10 since the December timeframe, the release of the Apache, and the current updates being seen by the Hornet, SC, and Viper. 

*The only real assumption is that in a few months, the dev will return.  It could very well be longer until that status changes.

Edited by Thump

35 minutes ago, Thump said:

Nope I am not with ED, but both BN and NL said no devs are working on the A-10 currently.  The one dev they did have on it was moved away from the A-10 months ago without any expected return date.  So it's a bit more than just an assumption but more like an educated estimation based on their words and the lack of any progress with the A-10 since the December timeframe, the release of the Apache, and the current updates being seen by the Hornet, SC, and Viper. 

*The only real assumption is that in a few months, the dev will return.  It could very well be longer until that status changes.

sounds good, thanks

• Like 1

zprwsp-6.png

No update in today's patchnote. Haven't tested yet.0

Edit : no changes still have to turn up contrast and down brightness but awfull image.

Edited by Zarma
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

They release a new campaign for the plane that they have left untouched for what seems to be several months to almost a year.

For me this issue is pretty game breaking for any low light situations. The work around is garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Hive:

My hope is that as soon as a developer is free again to work on our A-10, we will see lots of bugfixes and updates to compensate for this period of almost nothing. 

The sad thing is, it is not even a real bug or missing feature. It is a function that was already implemented and has suddenly disappeared. For me making it impossible to use in VR.

• Like 3

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Yeah that’s exactly the problem. I get not adding new stuff while you work on new modules. But this is something that worked, is critical for half the paid campaigns out there as they all include low light ops plus MP, and it broke in an update and well just work around with contrast and brightness making a relatively unreadable eye sore in VR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

I have highlighted it to the dev again. 

thanks

Nice thanks. Hope we will have a fix with next patch.

• Like 1

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Since the new FLIR system it's almost impossible to detect targets with TGP!

In A-10 we don't have a CP/G that can play with gain and contrast levels to see something!
I can understand that no devs are available to add functionnalities to the plane but, i can't understand that they break the plane and dont care to repair it!

• Like 3

• ED Team
On 4/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Thump said:

Devs are not currently working on the ARC-210 and other updates for the A-10C II. The FLIR and display issues are being worked on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png