A10c ii MFCD backlight brightness not working

DOG

55 minutes ago, NineLine said:

We are reviewing changes and updates to FLIR today, backlight issues as well, I doubt it will make the next patch, but soon. 

Thanks for your honest feedback. Really appreciate it, so we know what's going on. 

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

We are reviewing changes and updates to FLIR today, backlight issues as well, I doubt it will make the next patch, but soon. 

Thanks, I am back to A-10C since 2016... switched from 1.5 recently to recent version. Now even during the day both both MFD screens are so washed out especially on TGP and TAD pages, over-bright during day time I am unable to read most things. Changing contrast can mitigate the issue a little bit. In the beginning I thought there is something wrong with my graphics card drivers after DCS engine update but it is the A-10C module issue.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team
30 minutes ago, Shaman said:

Thanks, I am back to A-10C since 2016... switched from 1.5 recently to recent version. Now even during the day both both MFD screens are so washed out especially on TGP and TAD pages, over-bright during day time I am unable to read most things. Changing contrast can mitigate the issue a little bit. In the beginning I thought there is something wrong with my graphics card drivers after DCS engine update but it is the A-10C module issue.

No there is not much you can do, the A-10 was the worst of the big three having issues, its much better internally now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

2 hours ago, nuxil said:

What is considered next patch?, is it the patch for the open beta version or the stable version ?

I don't know the answer to that question, but generally speaking, when there are known issues in the OpenBeta, they're fixed in the OpenBeta first, and then when the OB turns out to be sufficiently stable, that version is then released into the Stable branch a little later.

To put it differently, I don't think I've ever seen a patch getting deployed to Stable before it was released into OpenBeta. So, I'd expect OB to be patched, and if all is (relatively) well, Stable might be updated a couple of days later (or weeks, or months - that part really depends).

Edited by Yurgon
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

Is this problem still present in the latest OB (which is the same version as the latest stable right now)?

I didn't see any mention in the patch notes, but one of my squad mates says it's fixed for him.

I'll give it a look and let ya know if I still have the issue.

Edit:

It would appear to have been fixed.  Although I feel like the switching of gain/level from white to black hot is weird in that getting a good image for one completely messes up the other.  I also think that bhot and whot are still reversed but need to test a bit further.  The eye gouging default brightness seems to have been reduced significantly.

Edited by Thump

vor 23 Stunden schrieb NineLine:

Its possible it snuck through, I thought it would come with a regular patch along with the FLIR fixes. 

No, the brightness swich is still not working. Nothing fixed in the latest patch.

• Thanks 1

🖥️ i5-13600K, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX4090 24GB, M2 PCIe 1TB   🥽 Pimax Crystal   🕹️ Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster TPR Rudders

Quick workaround for A10 pilots until ED fix the MFCD brightness issue.

Go to DCS World Open Beta Directory, then See first image for location.

MFCD Lua Location.jpg 

Open MFCD with Notepad++ and edit with these numbers, see second image

image.jpeg

Save and your night and day displays will be much nicer, you can then use the gain button on the TGP and moving map to adjust much better.

A10C Clock Colour.jpg

I have tested it with no issues

• Thanks 3

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

16 minutes ago, Scoop said:

MFCD Lua Location.jpg

image.jpeg

Save and your night and day displays will be much nicer, you can then use the gain button on the TGP and moving map to adjust much better.

A10C Clock Colour.jpg

How has this not been fixed yet....

The community has done more in the past day for the A-10 than ED in the past 6 months to solve this issue.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thump said:

How has this not been fixed yet....

The community has done more in the past day for the A-10 than ED in the past 6 months to solve this issue.

It doesn't fix it, the DISP setting is not accessible via the lua config file.  It does what people have been doing before, turning down the SYM, BRT and CONT settings, which are modestly helpful, though.  Also, check the ED news from earlier today

3 hours ago, Scoop said:

Thanks for putting that together, I'd also point out you can put the edited lua in a mod folder and use OVGME to add and remove it from the DCS install folder.  Useful since the edits will be returned to default if you repair or update (assuming it's not fixed at the next update) and if you have MFCD settings you'd like to keep as default

Edited by jaylw314
  • Like 1

Good point, I do keep a mods folder on the desktop for when the updates happen

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus