Please update Jester AI for the F-4 with a new voice

Hentai Paisen

It would be pretty annoying to have to deal with Jester's terrible jokes in two aircraft. A new more era appropriate voiceover for the WSO would be greatly appreciated. Or at the very least please add the promised "boring jester" option that is listed in the F-14 manual I've been waiting for for two years, having Jester crack stupid jokes literally in the middle of combat is pretty immersion breaking on what is otherwise an extremely immersive jet.

• Like 1

They have said just recording new voices only would take around two years of work and thousands of dollars.

So no. Just enjoy Jester as it is.

• Like 6

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

There is an option for serious Jester somewhere if you don't like the jokes.

• Like 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Ah, yes, it's in the manual, but not implemented yet. 

Who does not love early access. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

57 minutes ago, Esac_mirmidon said:

They have said just recording new voices only would take around two years of work and thousands of dollars.

So no. Just enjoy Jester as it is.

I dont enjoy jester making jokes in the middle of combat and was promised a way to turn that off over two and a half years ago. I want that option for the F-4 at least.

Then ask for that option. 

Rebuild a new WSO voice is out of the ballpark.

Just a little note. In the years im flying the Tomcat i've never heard a single joke from Jester, ever, except "Luke, use the Force", while refuelling.

So if Jester is making jokes on you in combat so often maybe is time to join the USAF. 

Sorry, couldnt resist the opportunity. XD.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

3 hours ago, Hentai Paisen said:

It would be pretty annoying to have to deal with Jester's terrible jokes in two aircraft. A new more era appropriate voiceover for the WSO would be greatly appreciated. Or at the very least please add the promised "boring jester" option that is listed in the F-14 manual I've been waiting for for two years, having Jester crack stupid jokes literally in the middle of combat is pretty immersion breaking on what is otherwise an extremely immersive jet.

I don't care about the voice. But 100% with you on the jokes. "use the force luke" while tanking... it is so bad as a joke that is almost sad. But it is also totally unrealistic. Imagine having a WSO throwing jokes at you while trying to contact. And then the landing jokes... glad to hear that there will be a "serious Jester"... 

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

12 hours ago, Nexus-6 said:

Jester isn't that distracting.  I barely pay attention to him at all unless he's giving me bandit and/or speed call outs.

He literally makes 420 blazin jokes during combat lmao I find it very immersion breaking. I'm glad some people can ignore him or like it but there really needs to be an option for those of us that want a more realistic RIO/WSO in the back.