MP player's names shading

jackmckay

Hi guys,

I propose some view restrictions in MP matches and new entry approach.

The reason? Certain players do get too much attention on MP matches, with GCI coordinated attack probability increase, and sometimes are forced to change player name to avoid GCI focus. So here are proposal changes in coalition menu and F10 map.

Starting from coalition selection in MP with 'Game master' instead of 'Spectator' as Game master would see current dual coalition view:

DCS_Screen_220128_131621-2.jpg

Then role selection of only previously selected coalition. This could speedup module selection and sorting:

Screen_220128_131519-2.jpg

Then F10 GCI map showing opponent player module without 'Player name' (bearing and altitude istead?):

DCS_Screen_220128_132944-3.jpg

Then score-list with hidden module details:

DCS_Screen_220128_133057-2.jpg

It should also protect teams from tactics leak and would contribute 'Fog of war' scenery. I hope many multiplayer gamers would agree on this 🙂.

Thank you.

Edited by jackmckay
  • Like 2

• jackmckay changed the title to MP player's names shading
On 1/28/2022 at 7:54 AM, jackmckay said:

Hi guys,

I propose some view restrictions in MP matches and new entry approach.

The reason? Certain players do get too much attention on MP matches, with GCI coordinated attack probability increase, and sometimes are forced to change player name to avoid GCI focus. So here are proposal changes in coalition menu and F10 map.

Starting from coalition selection in MP with 'Game master' instead of 'Spectator' as Game master would see current dual coalition view:

DCS_Screen_220128_131621-2.jpg

Then role selection of only previously selected coalition. This could speedup module selection and sorting:

Screen_220128_131519-2.jpg

Then F10 GCI map showing opponent player module without 'Player name' (bearing and altitude istead?):

DCS_Screen_220128_132944-3.jpg

Then score-list with hidden module details:

DCS_Screen_220128_133057-2.jpg

It should also protect teams from tactics leak and would contribute 'Fog of war' scenery. I hope many multiplayer gamers would agree on this 🙂.

Thank you.

I can't say I have contributed much to the MP scene, but appreciate the suggestions of those that have.

F10 map should show the in-game tactical callsigns (Enfield 1-1, 711, ...) instead of "callsigns" chosen by players to add to realism and atmosphere when there is a human GCI/AWACS. That way he/she wouldn't have to adress callsigns like " 'Da Tr1ck5ter" or similar nonsense.

Edited by Pilot Ike
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

F10 map should show the in-game tactical callsigns (Enfield 1-1, 711, ...) instead of "callsigns" chosen by players to add to realism and atmosphere when there is a human GCI/AWACS. That way he/she wouldn't have to adress callsigns like " 'Da Tr1ck5ter" or similar nonsense.

It should be possible to switch between the two locally, yes. It would add to realism and ease the joe job of human GCI/AWACS. Ill make such a request.

Now, for "famous" people, why don't they do like the real famous peple do? Just change the nickname, no need to wear sunglasses while playing.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

17 hours ago, Pilot Ike said:

I agree with the above quote except for the "enfield " part.  Actually, it should show the callsign of each element as entered into the ME under "Pilot". 5 letters and two numbers max if you want realism. 

Edited by Zeagle

5 hours ago, Zeagle said:

I agree with the above quote except for the "enfield " part.  Actually, it should show the callsign of each element as entered into the ME under "Pilot". 5 letters and two numbers max if you want realism.

Then why not ask for a button that cycles between nickname, pilot, callsign and nothing? It would be the label button which exists already.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Then why not ask for a button that cycles between nickname, pilot, callsign and nothing? It would be the label button which exists already.

That could certainly be an option, but it would probably cause a lot of confusion in MP. Maybe giving the server host an option to choose what to display could be a solution.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, Flappie said:

Now, for "famous" people, why don't they do like the real famous peple do? Just change the nickname, no need to wear sunglasses while playing

Hi Flappie, well I was thinking more of hiding nicknames from each side only. Players on same side could see nicks and modules of team members.