No uncage artificial horizon command?

Yes, in fact ED missed something. I added the missing line of code below to "default.lua" and now I can cage and uncage the artificial horizon:

{down = device_commands.Button_8, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = -1.0, name = _('Horizon Uncage'), category = _('Front Dash')},

However, the two commands are reversed. So the names of the two commands should be swapped!
I also find that the animation is weird. In order to go from OFF (= Caged) to ON (= Uncaged), you need to turn the knob counter-clockwise the long way around. I would bet that that's wrong.

@NineLine: Please report!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

On 1/28/2022 at 6:53 PM, Lixma 06 said:

Cage is there.....but no uncage?

Well. It's the other way around. There is an uncage button (called "cage button" but it uncages the instrument) but none for caging.

On 10/7/2022 at 10:22 AM, River said:

Same, let us cage and uncage with a button command. 

Indeed. A toggle would be nice. But at least they should add a button for caging. 

But a toggle would spare a button. And some HOTAS systems have encoder dials with a push. So the encoder dial could adjust and the push could cage/uncage which makes it easier to memorize.

Edited by Nereid
  • Thanks 1

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

• 5 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 7:47 AM, LeCuvier said:

Yes, in fact ED missed something. I added the missing line of code below to "default.lua" and now I can cage and uncage the artificial horizon:

{down = device_commands.Button_8, cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = -1.0, name = _('Horizon Uncage'), category = _('Front Dash')},

However, the two commands are reversed. So the names of the two commands should be swapped!
I also find that the animation is weird. In order to go from OFF (= Caged) to ON (= Uncaged), you need to turn the knob counter-clockwise the long way around. I would bet that that's wrong.

@NineLine: Please report!

Hi LC, does this work as a single button being assigned to cage and uncage? Would it be possible to get you to type out a line of code for someone that is computer stupid to make a single assigned hotas button do that? Or anyone else reading this for that matter. thanks!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Gringo Escobar said:

Hi LC, does this work as a single button being assigned to cage and uncage? Would it be possible to get you to type out a line of code for someone that is computer stupid to make a single assigned hotas button do that? Or anyone else reading this for that matter. thanks!!!!!!!!!!

No. With the line I added you have to use two pushbuttons. Alternatively, you can use a maintained ON/OFF switch and bind Cage to the ON position of the switch, and Uncage to the OFF position.
Only ED can provide a Cage/Uncage toggle. And, I guess you can create it with some external software like TARGET (?)

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

a buddy of mine figured it out for me. if you replace the AH (Artificial Horizon) line in the default folder with this, it operates as a toggle and a single button cages and uncages it.

{                                                           down = device_commands.Button_8, up = device_commands.Button_8,  cockpit_device_id = devices.AH, value_down = 1.0,  value_up = -1.0, name = _('Horizon Cage Toggle'),   category = _('Front Dash')},

works perfect in my SimPit. Hopefully, this helps someone else out as well

Edited by Gringo Escobar