Ideas for open Warthog base after spring replacement

PHMAC

Hi,

I replaced my stock Warthog spring with the blue spring from Sahaj to support the 20cm Virpil extension.

The blue Sahaj spring is thicker then the standard black spring so the black round collar doesn’t fit anymore? (See picture)

In theory you can leave the base open but I’m looking for a creative solution to protect the base from dust.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks!

F6C3CF69-C68D-4F97-80F9-62C448ADBE07.jpeg

A PVC pipe?

Seriously, my first thought was 3D print a collar. But then a PVC pipe with a cut notch for the wire came to my mind in 10 seconds. But finding a PVC pipe with the exact dimension would be too good to be true, so why not make something like a ring cap on the top and bottom to cap fill the gap? 3D print would be nice, paper mache would work, a 2 layer cardboard disks glued together would be child play. You just want to keep dust out, right?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

I have the same spring, it does fit for me though. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I ran into another issue, with 2x20cm, a had to use spacers to limit the deflections. 😉

You managed to close the base again?…Interesting… Maybe I should try a bit harder…😊

17 hours ago, Hempstead said:

A PVC pipe?

Seriously, my first thought was 3D print a collar. But then a PVC pipe with a cut notch for the wire came to my mind in 10 seconds. But finding a PVC pipe with the exact dimension would be too good to be true, so why not make something like a ring cap on the top and bottom to cap fill the gap? 3D print would be nice, paper mache would work, a 2 layer cardboard disks glued together would be child play. You just want to keep dust out, right?

A PVC pipe…so simple! why didn’t I think of that? I guess a piece of rainpipe would do the trick. I need the dimensions..maybe something is available.

I was already looking for way to complicated solutions.

Thanks!