Mission 10 not triggering

Indianajon

Hi, not sure if this is just me but I have tried a few alternatives and still no joy. Just after take off and switching to departure you ask Biff to contact you when he reaches Apex but this he fails to do. I have tried to orbit at Apex in case he missed the trigger zone, and I have flown as far as way point 5 but all he does is formate. I assume there should be some comms as you don't radio departure and there is no talking after the above. I assume its missing a trigger point? If not could some one let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Ta

Sorry I should add at this time my radios are set to Guard 1, departure and 33FM, although I have tried staying on Tower also.

Edited by Indianajon

Just to say I have solved this myself, thanks in part to YouTube. You need to wait at the hold short and make sure Biff is directly behind you before taking off. Then keep speed down so the separation isn't too great. Not sure why this works while anchoring at Apex doesn't, but it does, so on with the campaign  go!

• 2 weeks later...

I failed twice, succeeded the third time. I'm not sure what the "formula" for making Biff take off promptly is, but getting him right behind me on Alpha wasn't enough for me. Maybe (just a guess) YOU must be before APEX yourself when there's the radio call to Biff "report crossing APEX". YOU - not only him. Maybe.

I succeeded when I "lured" Biff onto the RWY behind me. I had him right behind me on Alpha, as in previous 2 attempts, got the clearence, but this time I drove onto the left half of the RWY and I think this made him follow me, partly - the nose of his Hawg was on the RWY already, something like 45° off the RWY heading, and his tail still clear of RWY, more or less. He stopped in this position, undecided. Then I quickly took off and kept myself very slow in the air (like 160 KIAS or so), though I doubt it matters. Once I got into the air, some 20 seconds later, he pushed the throttles and followed me.

I don't know if it matters, but once I saw him take off, I accellerated so that he couldn't catch me before the "report crossing APEX" radio call... and I think I didn't let him form up on me before I crossed APEX (I'm not sure about this last part, though).

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 12:29 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Changes made, it takes away a little from the chatter, but should now work even if Biff gets stuck on the taxiway. 

Nope. Doesn't work for me. I do the take off and after some minutes Biff takes off, then he affirms to contact me after he passes apex and then the mission stucks. Tried it multiple times. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 4:18 PM, Schattenwaran said:

Nope. Doesn't work for me. I do the take off and after some minutes Biff takes off, then he affirms to contact me after he passes apex and then the mission stucks. Tried it multiple times. 

I just flew the mission and it works OK for me... please try again, everything also looks fine trigger-wise.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png