Combat Ready Panel: Master Arm switch has 3 positions? Should have 2??

Snacko

Just setting up my Combat Panel, and have a few questions? ...

1) How do I map the Master Arm switch?  On the Panel is has up/middle/down.  But in the game is just has up/down.  Why does this switch have 3 positions??

I've tried mapping it several ways, but in game it won't go to one or the other..  It gets to the middle and the game thinks it's in Safe or Arm.  I also downloaded the profiles and imported them into the panel in DCS.

2) Do the A/A, A/G and pylon button lights sync with the game?  Or is it just a preference option to have them lit or not?  (The ALR-67 has lit text 'ON', so if it doesn't sync with DCS, that could be confusing..

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

It has three, just bind the lower and upper positions, leave the center unbound.

... and yes you can bind each position, just leave the switch in the center before binding the upper, then put it back to the center then bind the lower

Edited by MustangSally

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I don't have the panel, but with the Orion throttle you can sync the A-A and A-G lighting, so in theory it should be possible.

BUT: 1 - you need to leave the Winwing software running for this to work

2 - there may or may not be a FPS hit if you do so.  Many (not all) had a significant (10 FPS) hit from doing this with the Orion Throttle.  A new version of the software has apparently reduced (or eliminated?) this hit -- see other threads.  I haven't tried it with the new software so I can't comment with authority on that.

3 minutes ago, rob10 said:

I don't have the panel, but with the Orion throttle you can sync the A-A and A-G lighting, so in theory it should be possible.

2 - there may or may not be a FPS hit if you do so.  Many (not all) had a significant (10 FPS) hit from doing this with the Orion Throttle.  A new version of the software has apparently reduced (or eliminated?) this hit -- see other threads.  I haven't tried it with the new software so I can't comment with authority on that.

You sure you have the right thread??

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

56 minutes ago, rob10 said:

Thanks. I did get the lighting for those buttons to sync finally.  

1 hour ago, MustangSally said:

It has three, just bind the lower and upper positions, leave the center unbound.

... and yes you can bind each position, just leave the switch in the center before binding the upper, then put it back to the center then bind the lower

I had my VKB upper trigger lever set to Master Arm also, and I think that was causing the problem.  I have it working now.  

The LST/NFLR switch ahs the same issue..   I feel tempted to buy the correct switches for this panel and fix it myself.  I think that I assumed this was supposed to be an F/A-18 specific type panel.  But I see on their website that it says nothing about the F/A-18.  Maybe I'll just get used to it..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Originally, LST switch was a 3-pos in DCS, ED patched it to 2-pos later. 

Easiest fix is to simply use 2 positions of the switch out of the three. 🙂 3-pos can still be useful if you decide to fly other aircraft. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On 1/28/2022 at 11:13 PM, Snacko said:

1) How do I map the Master Arm switch?  On the Panel is has up/middle/down.  But in the game is just has up/down.  Why does this switch have 3 positions??

Some other airplanes (like e.g. F-14) have/had also a lower "Training" Master Arm position so the panel is more versatile this way.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Ok, that makes sense.  If I flew the F14 I would have been bummed if it didn't have 3 positions.  LoL..  Thanks!

@Snako how u fix the lights please share, oh and what are the CTR, LI, RI, LO, RO bound to? What do they stand for?

Again thanks for the help 

Btw Mustangs so happy to see you still posting as a cadet : ) I see your insight and concern in alot of post going back years thanks! 

Hey, thanks.  where did I post as a cadet?  It must have been a while ago?

For the lights to Sync, you do need to have SimAppPro running.  You go into SimAppPro and on the Devices tab click on your Combat Panel.  Then, on the right side of the picture there are sliders and buttons to adjust the lights.  You can 'Sync DCS' then the FA18 Console light knob will adjust your panel light.  I'm also syncing my WW Throttle and startup panel.  The slider seems to adjust how bright they should be if SimAppPro is 'not' running.  But it didn't work right away for me.  I had to reboot after setting it up.  

For key binding do this.  The CTR, LI, RI, LO, RO are for your pylons.  You select which pylons you want to Jettison, then hit the jettison button.  Center, Left Inside, Left Outside, ect..  That's in a YT tutorial and the manual.  

eFpzt0B9eR.png

I am the cadet new guy I’m assembling my crosswind rudder at the moment would you believe they did not put it in plastic and the box got wet unreal.

I’ll try what you sent me when I’m done because I shut everything off thank you very much for the support and quick reply