Problems with ALQ-184

flavnet

Hello everyone. After the latest Beta update, the ALQ-184 system (short or long) no longer works in mode 1 and 2 (with the "semi" and "auto" programs). Mode 3 only works with the "auto" mode, but it's the most stupid, since it runs out of countermeasures in a few seconds (even if you only spend one decoy at a time ... somewhat useless). If no one has noticed this problem, then it just depends on me and maybe on the fact that I don't know how to use the system (although I believe I have used all the tutorials found on Youtube!).

Works fine for me between this patch and the last one. It’s a short process to get it running, but straightforward.

On the ECM panel, (left side, aft of the volume control panel), turn the power switch to standby and then operate. I usually put it in standby after engine start, and operate once airborne. I don’t think there is a warm up time, but it’s habit for me.

On your countermeasures panel (CMDS), power on the RWR, set the CMDS switches to JMR and RWR, chaff and flare ON, and mode to either SEMI or AUTO. 

Back to the ECM panel, press buttons 1-5 and an S will be lit on the button. Set the ECM mode switch to 1 or 2 (mode 3 is a noise jammer and works with the CMDS mode in MAN or BYP). On the stick and when needed, CMS aft will shift the ECM pod from standby to active and the band 1-5 buttons will now have the A lit. Once a valid threat is sensed, the pod will start transmitting (band 1-5 buttons will have the T lit, plus the ECM light will be lit on the left front vertical panel). CMS right on the stick places the pod back into standby.

That’s the basics on getting the pod up and running, using it in various missions and threats (SEAD, air to air, air to ground) is a different matter and takes practice in order to employ it and your weapons effectively.

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Thanks 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg