Noobie question

mdimech

OK....1st time posting and I'm a newish player.  I'm a huge F14 fanboy ever since I was a 14 year old watching Top Gun, so the F14 was the first thing I downloaded.  I played fleet Defender back in the 90s right after college, but obviously this is a different animal.  

I'm having a weird issue with the Bear intercept mission.  Why is it that while in TWS mode, either auto or manual, I only pick up the bear and not the Mig 23's?   In any other mission, I pick up anything within TWS azimuth or range.  

OK....1st time posting and I'm a newish player.  I'm a huge F14 fanboy ever since I was a 14 year old watching Top Gun, so the F14 was the first thing I downloaded.  I played fleet Defender back in the 90s right after college, but obviously this is a different animal.  

I'm having a weird issue with the Bear intercept mission.  Why is it that while in TWS mode, either auto or manual, I only pick up the bear and not the Mig 23's?   In any other mission, I pick up anything within TWS azimuth or range.  
That's why in Top Gun, when they intercept the MiG-28's, Cougar said "I'm going to break high and right, to see if he's a single" and when he did, the single contact became two contacts, because the opposing MiG broke away from his wingman to cover off Cougar

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 3:34 AM, mdimech said:

Why is it that while in TWS mode, either auto or manual, I only pick up the bear and not the Mig 23's? In any other mission, I pick up anything within TWS azimuth or range.

Can be a few reasons:

- AWG-9 resolution does not yet allow to discern between 1 and more contacts at that range

- AWG-9 power does not yet allow to see the fighter size contacts at that range while the big Bear appears much farther out

- fighters might be trailing the Bear so they stay in it's shadow

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria