DCS F14 Setup Helios Profile

Soyouz2000

Hello everyone,

A little post to describe my simu setup.

I mainly use it for P3D (Tourism, Helico) and DCS (F14 / P51).

First of all, a big thank you to the DCS / Heatblur / Helios / CaptainZeen teams.

- DCS: Very realistic mission simulator / editor for fighters mission,

- Heatblur: Great job for the reproduction of the F14 and Saab Vigen,

- Helios which is for me the best tool / useful interface for our simulation games (Can also be used for P3D (Kneeboard display, keyboard commands, ...), for touch screen or not,

- CaptainZeen, for these wonderfully reproduced and modular panels,

My setup, placed under the roofs, and hidden behind the curtains, consists of:

- 3 * 19-inch IIyama screens (I couldn't take bigger because of the restricted area)

- 1 * 23 "touch screen

- 2 * Elo ET1715L touch screens

- 1 hotas X55 saitek (I like the switch to triple the number of buttons)

- 1 logitech pedal set (with an arduino in it to replace the card that was no longer recognized by my Windows)

- 1 GTS970 card (4 outputs) => the  3 * 19" surround screens, and one 23" touch screen.

- 1 motherboard with 2 video outputs => 2 touch screens

IMG01.jpg

IMG02.jpg

Having the 3 touch screens allows me to no longer need a keyboard, or MFD / additional boxes, and to be able to put all the buttons / combination of keys on the screens.

IMG03.jpg

IMG04.jpg

I chose the F14 module because this plane has always been my favorite one. And for that we can say that the module developed by Heatblur exceeds all my expectations (Realism pushed to the limit).

Added to that "Helios" which thanks to "CaptainZeen" offered us a modular touch interface at will !!!!

What more could you ask for 👏.

So by installing the CaptainZeen interface, I moved the left and right side PILOT consoles to the 17 "touch screens.

I also added the RIO consoles to the far left and right of these 17 "touch screens.

IMG05.jpgIMG05.jp  IMG06.jpg

All these consoles are viewable via a PANEL button on the main screen.

IMG07.pngIMG08.jpg

So I have almost everything on hand !!!!

Note: Most of the RIO commands can be activated, even if you are not in the RIO seat (Radio, Tacan, CAP panel.

I added the kneeboard display on the right hand side (which is displayed using the top right button), which takes the place of the right RIO console (and Vise versa), and displays the kneeboard control panel at the bottom.

IMG06.jpg   IMG10.jpg

To change the location of the kneeboard, you must modify the file:

« \DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua »

, and this is common to all airplanes.

IMG11.png

The walkman was controlled by certain buttons on my throttle stick, but I ended up developing a small panel to have it on the main screen.

IMG12.jpgIMG13.jpg

Switching the PILOT <=> RIO seat is done using the CaptainZeen profile buttons (but redesigned), and also activates the PILOT <=> RIO seat tilting in DCS.

As the Viewports display cannot be displayed depending on the seat one occupies (everything is overlay), all the viewports are displayed directly regardless of the view (including the UHF / VHF radios of the left consoles). 

IMG14.jpg

So I don't have the TID display with the "F14-TID" viewport at the RIO station, but with the pilot's "F14-HSD" viewport (sharing the same viewport with the pilot).

For that I had (as seen on the CaptainZeen forum), change the background image of the RIO (Inversion of the TID commands with the screen of this one), and adapted the position of the buttons on the Helios profile.

IMG15.jpg

I've put the Communicationmenu in the center of the VDI, Like that, I can select the choice by touching the line on the screen.
F14-Pilot-Cockpit-02.png

I also added a button to toggle the HSD/TID on the RIO station, but it does not work despite the good binding. I imagine this is because it can only be activated when the PILOT station is active. è To delete

For increased visibility of the TID, I had to increase some parameters directly under the mod of the F14:

H:\01 - Jeux\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\TacticalInformationDisplay\Indicator\extra_page.lua

F14-TID-Extra-page.png

If anyone has a better solution, it would be helpful.

To complete the touch interface, I also added keyboard keys at the top with F1 to F12 keys, as well as display options,

- Briefing,

- Display of other objects in DCS,

- Reset mission,

- Canopy opening / closing,

- Helios toggle button,

- The “check” of jester during the start-up phase,

- Communication window with the ground crew during starts / stops / Refuel ...

- Display of the different PILOT / RIO panels on the touch screens,

- Flight Control (The position on the screen has been modified in the file (H:\01 - Jeux\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\ControlsIndicator\ControlsIndicator_page.lua)

IMG12.jpgDCS-F14-Flight-control.jpgIMG16.jpg

A similar configuration was made for the P51, because you can easily copy/paste panels/buttons.

DCS-P51-Ecran-02.jpg

Hope this will give you some ideas

Soyouz 2000

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

HEllo AIXtreme
You can check that :

The lua script for the F14 in CZ profile has some gap with the current F14 version from heatblur.
It's hard to follow their modification. Device ID, command ID change from one version to another update.
But you can try my last link. I have updated the file.

• Like 1