Launching SLAM-ER crash 2.7.10

Toumal

Hey there, I also have our server crash when I launch a SLAM-ER with a manually entered steerpoint and a cleared altitude. The funny thing is, the crash appears to happen a few seconds after the weapon detaches from the pylon, it feels like it's the moment when the weapon starts its own navigation logic. Is this something that needs more crash logs for investigation?

dcs.20220129-042214.dmpdcs.20220129-042214.crashserver-20220129-151118.trkHi. I made a multiplayer training miz for my mates to teach them slamER steerpoints. It crashed the game for each client connect the moment I pickled a slamER. My game kept running no problem, but everyone else DCS crashed. Server track and log files attached.

We set up 1 slamER each, with 5 steerpoints, individual altitude per steerpoint, and then designated a waypoint for the final target point.

Doing this same mission file in single player, it works without a problem.

dcs.log

Edited by SneakyBastd

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

• ED Team

SneakyBastd, Zomba You should know our requirements for a trouble-free game:

Please remove all unofficial mods.
I'm not a good fighter. But I was using Maverick (AGM-84H SLAM-ER, isn't it?) within an hour on my temporary server. The game doesn't crash.

• ED Team

Hi, 

not been able to reproduce this yet. 

As maximov mentions please ensure you have no unofficial mods and run a slow repair or cleanup if steam

if you have more track replays please attach them

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/29/2022 at 9:50 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

not been able to reproduce this yet. 

As maximov mentions please ensure you have no unofficial mods and run a slow repair or cleanup if steam

if you have more track replays please attach them

thanks

Hey there!

My server is unmodified. Also tried reparing my client, I will give it a go again to get a fresh track replay / dump. One thing to note, I don't get crashes in singleplayer or the mission editor, only in MP, and then it kills the server.

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, Toumal said:

Hey there!

My server is unmodified. Also tried reparing my client, I will give it a go again to get a fresh track replay / dump. One thing to note, I don't get crashes in singleplayer or the mission editor, only in MP, and then it kills the server.

thanks I did test in a server, I will have the QA team take a closer look. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks I did test in a server, I will have the QA team take a closer look. 

Ok now I feel really bad - I did a full repair, now I cannot reproduce the crash anymore. I also tried re-adding the terrain and better trees mod I use, works fine. I *also* tested something I had a crash on before, which is the case where you don't use a datalink pod, just use a waypoint as steer point and then launch the weapon (stupid, I know, but it's for science) - also doesn't crash the server.

I think I have to conclude that doing a repair on the client really fixes the issue. I did not change anything on the server.

Mind you, that's still kind of a bummer because it could mean a broken client can crash the server. And now I can't reproduce it anymore...

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Toumal said:

Ok now I feel really bad - I did a full repair, now I cannot reproduce the crash anymore. I also tried re-adding the terrain and better trees mod I use, works fine. I *also* tested something I had a crash on before, which is the case where you don't use a datalink pod, just use a waypoint as steer point and then launch the weapon (stupid, I know, but it's for science) - also doesn't crash the server.

I think I have to conclude that doing a repair on the client really fixes the issue. I did not change anything on the server.

Mind you, that's still kind of a bummer because it could mean a broken client can crash the server. And now I can't reproduce it anymore...

No problem, happy that you no longer experience it, enjoy your flights. 

If it is a major problem our crash collector from the auto reports some users send in would highlight it to the team, and we are not seeing it currently being an issue.

thanks

• ED Team

we have reproduced this and reported it to the team. 

thank you

• Like 1