TPOD undesignate not working

rale26

Anyone else has the issue with TPOD undesignate not working? I have this issue for a while now but I was able to get around it by switching to NAV and then using NSW/TPOD slew together, it would usually release the tpod lock after that, but not anymore. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello there. I was struggling with this issue but I have found a great fix. The AG target undesignate key combo is LWin - N. I couldn't get this work from the keyboard let alone via my X52 Hotas mapped key. To fix this, I went into the Controls section in the Harrier configuration, deleted LWin - N for the keyboard and inserted a mouse button on my X52 directly in DCS. Now the Undesignate function works like a charm. I normally try to not program my Hotas in DCS, but use the X52 Hotas programming software instead, in order to get the 3 modes to work and the Pinkie functions. Doesn't always work though, as this example demonstrates. Looks  like this is still a bug, but my solution works well. 

• Thanks 1

I find toggling the button 2-3 times will undesignate. I don't fully understand what its doing while its doing it but the HUD symbology changes with each toggle and it appears on the second or third 'click' I am fully undesignated. 🤔

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Flyingfish said:

Has this been fixed yet? I can't undesignate

It (designate/undesignate) may still be WIP (AFAIK the precise TPOD RL behaviour is still being refined), however it's logic is not a "simple" toggle but context sensitive.

Boxing/unboxing DESG on the EHSD is mostly straight forward
• DESG boxed = EHSD diamond on Waypoint and TPOD slaving to the point.
• DESG unboxed = EHSD no diamond and TPOD slaved to VV (Velocity Vector)

NWS will then cycle between slaving the TPOD between VV and SP (Snow Plow)

Making a TPOD HTS designation is a little different

• Slew TPOD to TGT = TPOD Designation.
• TDC depress and release (action) to ensure a valid system designation is created/stored.
• NWS switches TPOD to HUD designation (EHSD DESG remains boxed i.e. WP remains a diamond (designated) - possibly wrong, needs SME feedback)

On the 4th press of NWS the EHSD WP diamond is removed but not the boxed DESG (possibly wrong, needs SME feedback)
The WP circle is not draw to replace the removed diamond until DESG is unboxed using the EHSD push button.

• TDC depress and release (action) to ensure a valid system designation is created/stored.
• EHSD DESG unboxed - TPOD designation remains (correct behaviour?)
• NWS switches to HUD designation (TPOD may or may not slew to HUD)

In the rare event that the TPOD cross hairs get "stuck" to a target and can't be slewed, holding TDC depress while slewing usually fixes the problem.

IIRC I've never "really" been unable to undesignate and only perhaps needed to press DESG or NWS a second or third time to get back to the system state I wanted (perhaps causing an abort/2nd pass).

If you'd like more help, please share a short track or video of the problem.

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 2

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

18 hours ago, Ramsay said:

It (designate/undesignate) may still be WIP (AFAIK the precise TPOD RL behaviour is still being refined), however it's logic is not a "simple" toggle but context sensitive.

Boxing/unboxing DESG on the EHSD is mostly straight forward
• DESG unboxed = EHSD no diamond and TPOD slaved to VV (Velocity Vector)

Making a TPOD HTS designation is a little different

• NWS switches TPOD to HUD designation (EHSD DESG remains boxed i.e. WP remains a diamond (designated) - possibly wrong, needs SME feedback)

On the 4th press of NWS the EHSD WP diamond is removed but not the boxed DESG (possibly wrong, needs SME feedback)
The WP circle is not draw to replace the removed diamond until DESG is unboxed using the EHSD push button.

• EHSD DESG unboxed - TPOD designation remains (correct behaviour?)
• NWS switches to HUD designation (TPOD may or may not slew to HUD)

In the rare event that the TPOD cross hairs get "stuck" to a target and can't be slewed, holding TDC depress while slewing usually fixes the problem.

IIRC I've never "really" been unable to undesignate and only perhaps needed to press DESG or NWS a second or third time to get back to the system state I wanted (perhaps causing an abort/2nd pass).

If you'd like more help, please share a short track or video of the problem.

Tested DCS Open Beta 2.7.15.26783

Thanks for the help, I'll take another look at it and see how I get on

RTX 4090, AMD 5800x3D, 32GB Ram