VR in mission only option

Wile E.

Hi,

I'd like to see an option to have VR turn on before going into a mission, then end when the mission is over. Another option would be to have certain functions, such as the main menu and mission editor, show up on the flat monitor, then when loading a mission have the monitor go black and transfer to the VR headset.

• Like 17

15 hours ago, Morat said:

Anything that avoids the horrible mission loading screen stutter gets my vote.

I was going to ask about that...is it "normal" that when I start the game the brown hanger screen strobes like it's going to a rave? I've learned to not put the headset on until the last minute, because of that.

Yup, ability to toggle between VR and pancake at wish would be cool. 

Just don't break the way it works now with Virtual Desktop wirelessly which is basically the best till now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Crap… Did I just bump this thread? Dang! Sorry, I was on the mission page, in VR. Had to have my headset on. Sure wish I could set it to only be on when in mission, but dang. No dice I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If speed is death…, buy a Honda and live forever.

22 hours ago, Nomatic said:

Crap… Did I just bump this thread? Dang! Sorry, I was on the mission page, in VR. Had to have my headset on. Sure wish I could set it to only be on when in mission, but dang. No dice I guess. 

Same

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

This wish deserves "bumping" until we hear from ED 😉

Please, pretty please with sugar on top :worthy:, could either of you  @BIGNEWY or @NineLine at least bring this wish under attention to the dev team?

This would be extremely helpful for mission creators too. Something which would eventually also benefit ED as it might increase "free" SP content and with that, attract potential new players.

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH