Accurate portrayal of bridle hook up on suppourted ships and aircraft.

DmitriKozlowsky

Until there is an official module that supports it cos at the moment we only have the A-4E-c mod*...

At a guess we wont be able to use a Bridle plane on a nose strut cat and visa versa.

*IF the team add connectors to the hooks I might be able to think of something....

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

9 minutes ago, joey45 said:

At a guess we wont be able to use a Bridle plane on a nose strut cat and visa versa.

Didnt Bridle equipped F4s shared the deck with A6s and A7s using nosewheel attachments in the 70s?  Animations apart, Is there a lot more to the operaton than simply attaching the wire to the Shuttle (possibly a different interchangable shuttle)? I admit i know little of the methods. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Just now, joey45 said:

Different types of shuttle.

So, potentially is it  "just" the game figuring out whats coming towards the cat and interchanging the shuttle? (not that id expect that on the SC). 

Although the Naval F4 is some time away, the F8 is perhaps a little closer but I presume that will primarily inhabit some later iteration of the Essex class carrier with A4s whilst the forrestal will remain as it is until a naval F4 arrives.

Be interesting to see what HB do with the Forrestal when (if) the time comes for a web phoot (or even before). I think at present it had one "operational" Bridle Arrest sponson graphically modlelled. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

6 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

So, potentially is it  "just" the game figuring out whats coming towards the cat and interchanging the shuttle? (not that id expect that on the SC). 

Pretty much yes. 
The carriers will have to be set up for both not the planes.

The SCs wont be able to because they are not set up IRL for a bridle cat. The Stennis being a basic carrier properly will as a cheat.

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

21 minutes ago, joey45 said:

The SCs wont be able to because they are not set up IRL for a bridle cat. The Stennis being a basic carrier properly will as a cheat.

Well, the current Super Carriers won't only because they don't have the 'bridle catcher' on the bow, but we all know that these Carriers won't be the only ones in DCS. Forrestals sisters are coming, and it wouldn't surprise me if we later get the Enterprise, Kitty Hawks, and older Nimitz class (as built, before the BCs were removed) sometime in the future.

I don't think the Shuttles are set up for a quick swap or attachments anyway. The only reason you want the bridle catchers is to reuse the cables (max 10 then it gets flung on the 10th).

With the Forrestal sisters they could do a number of configs With, Without and half.

• Like 1

Must y’all be reminded that what we have here is code that creates pictures and code that creates actions. These are not real planes or ships. IF one of the manufacturers decides that they want their aircraft to launch from any of the ships we have coded, all they have to do is write more code. They don't need bridal catchers and different shuttle’s ect…..   

if you look close, most aircraft wheels don't even touch the surface of the ground….  So many people keep saying “you can’t “ just to hear themselves type 

How much waisted bandwidth did we have with the “you can’t have more than two engines” crowd? Viola, c130 mod, go figure!!

Now realism? Thats a whole different argument…

Edited by Mr. Big.Biggs
  • Like 1

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Big.Biggs said:

Must y’all be reminded that what we have here is code that creates pictures and code that creates actions. These are not real planes or ships. IF one of the manufacturers decides that they want their aircraft to launch from any of the ships we have coded, all they have to do is write more code. They don't need bridal catchers and different shuttle’s ect…..   

if you look close, most aircraft wheels don't even touch the surface of the ground….  So many people keep saying “you can’t “ just to hear themselves type 

That pretty much happens now. No one is arguing it doesnt and wont. The conversation is more about the anmation of the crew putting the bridle into position and, if not the crew, having the attached bridal amiation coded onto the relevant boats even if EDs deck crew are not.  Joey's point is valid. ED are unllikely to do any work (deck crew or Bridle aniimation) in that regard for the SC given those carriers never lauched Bridles. Im inclinded to think however that wont stop the F4 launching albeit without any special dispensation. 

I dont agree with your point about the wheels. The F14, F18, S3, E6B all touch the deck. I only see the problem with the A4 and the older AI F18 models.  

Personally I greatful for the insights I get from people like Joey and the knoweldge they share. I dont recognise your critism of anyone posting just to hear themselves typing in this thread, at least not prior your own post. 

Edited by Boosterdog
  • Like 1

Fair enough. Should have left that part out. 
I think the experience of flying an F4 off of any carrier far exceeds the non realistic portion of exterior animations.  Although, over time they would make a great addition, they shouldn’t create a delay in getting the planes on the decks. 

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.