Saitek x55 axis for elevator/aileron/rudder trim - only moves 50% in cockpit

hi, guys,

after the latest update all of my 'trim' axis on X55 work only for the 50% of the range of movement WHILE in COCKPIT.

i.e. if I go in to "tune axis" for each trim/axis assignment the dot/square thingie moves the full range from lower corner to the upper corner. However, when I use them in the cockpit the range is only 50%, i.e.

- for elevator I can move fully towards NH (nose heavy), but moving it to TH (tail heavy) the range extends only to the 'center/neutral' and can't move it any more, the physical knob is all max out on X55.

It's the same story for other trims...

I don't even know what key words to search for in order to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I use the TM WH throttle and the slider shows the same issue. ED have redefined the trim axis ranges and with sliders we can only cover 50% of the trim ranges.

It's a bug.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 1/30/2022 at 5:17 PM, peachmonkey said:

I don't even know what key words to search for in order to fix this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You cannot fix this. It's a reported bug that only ED can fix. The only work-around is to use button commands (like on a POV hat)for the 3 trims.

• Like 2

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Digital or Analog trim?  My stick (TMWH) keypress trim actions work just fine in every plane I have it assigned (all). But.............  I also have an analog R/P/Y control box which works great on the Mustang and Spitfire.  I get full 1:1 movement on my controllers trim wheel and the trim wheel in the Mustangs cockpit. However, in the Jug and Mossie it's stuck at mid point and will only go one way or the other, I do not get full 1:1 deflection in cockpit.  The Jug/Mossie start at just forward of Neutral and will only go nose heavy, same with Roll and Yaw wheels in the cockpit. I wish I knew how to find that in the P-47/Mossie's lua so I could compare the Mustang and Jug numbers and see if they are supposed to be the same or if there is some syntax error in the script.  Of course I'm not any good with lua language, but it should be simple to compare and experiment.  I can't bork it any worse than it is now.  I've just deleted the analog assignments from the control settings and went back to digital keyboard assignments. I guess the beta testers only play with the new toys and don't go to see if any of the other modules get broken from Alpha to Beta to Release Candidate, broken features, control settings, test them in campaigns, single player, multiplayer and report the bugs for fixing. If it's reported it must not be a high enough priority (Mustang canopy, cold air lever) for them to take it for action. 

Sempre Fortis

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mikke_EAF331 said:

I haven't flown the P-47 in a while until yesterday when I noticed this bug, analogue axis for trim only give half range of motion. I know this worked when I last flew it sometime before Christmas, so I was a bit surprised when it didn't yesterday.

there's another thread on this issue where bignewy finally acknowledged this bug.

• Like 1

Link the thread please, I've got a four month old GGD sleeping on my chest. LOL!

I hope the bomb arming is fixed too. The Mossie had the exact same bugs, incorrect analog trim, and none of the keyboard presses I assigned would work from my controller, but worked when I pressed the keyboard. Same keystrokes worked on the Mustang and Spit from my controller (Blackhog).

I wish they would expand their testing before they release updates, with dedicated module testers to see if the Hornet, Falcon, Viggen updates bug other modules. Especially the warbirds.........

Sempre Fortis