Mission - Case I Caucasus

Tusky

Hi all!

1) Mission description indicates BRC to be 123 but it is 116 instead
2) The wingman is a danger:
   a. if you break at 1.0nm DME, it breaks at the same time you break and he gets on your way on downwind 
   b. if you break between 1.0 and 1.5 DME, it flyes with you in trail formation
   c. if you manage to survive a. and b. and you bolter, he will keep on calling "rejoin" and you might end up being flown over (happened to me once)

1) is easily correctable; as for 2), simply remove the wingman (it gives no "extra" to the mission - see Persian Gulf Case I mission)

Edited by Xamik75

Hey Xamik75, a few weeks back was practicing my Case 1 Traps. At about 3/4 miles out after calling the Ball & with no warning my plane disintegrated in a mid air explosion that scared the livin crap outta me! Wasn't till after I noticed that Wingman hangin around. I tried again & this time used the Kiss Off option & he didn't come near the boat or me. Since then I've made my own Case 1 practice mission so I have'nt been back to that stock one. 

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

hace 5 horas, GazAce dijo:

Hey Xamik75, a few weeks back was practicing my Case 1 Traps. At about 3/4 miles out after calling the Ball & with no warning my plane disintegrated in a mid air explosion that scared the livin crap outta me! Wasn't till after I noticed that Wingman hangin around. I tried again & this time used the Kiss Off option & he didn't come near the boat or me. Since then I've made my own Case 1 practice mission so I have'nt been back to that stock one. 

Hi GazAce!

What I did was copy the SC mission in my personal missions' folder and delete the wingman. 😉 

I reported it because I thought it should be corrected in the stock files. And an easy fix indeed (btw, no wingman in the Case I mission in PG)...🙂

Edited by Xamik75

Nice one Xamik75! 👍

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Another way to do it is to tell the wingman to RTB and he will leave you alone and let you land first.  Or not  🙃

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 5 months later...
On 1/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, Tusky said:

1) Mission description indicates BRC to be 123 but it is 116 instead

Indeed. Issue reported.

BRD_discrepancy.jpg

On 1/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, Tusky said:

2) The wingman is a danger:

a. if you break at 1.0nm DME, it breaks at the same time you break and he gets on your way on downwind 
   b. if you break between 1.0 and 1.5 DME, it flyes with you in trail formation
   c. if you manage to survive a. and b. and you bolter, he will keep on calling "rejoin" and you might end up being flown over (happened to me once)

I tried it. The wingman got very close to me indeed, but no kiss. He eventually went away.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.