dual/triple throttle needed?

twistking

Hello,
i tested the P-47 in last years free trial event and i could fly it quite well with my kinda cheap T-16000M FCS Hotas. I would use the throttle for throttle obviously and i think i had RPM on an analogue rotary and turbo on digital buttons. I basically just flew with the turbo linked to the throttle, so i did only need the turbo control for checklist related stuff.

My question would be if you often need to unlink turbo from throttle if you become more familiar with the aircraft. I don't want to be competitive in PvP, but i also don't want to be held back too much by my hotas setup. Do you see single throttle setup as a problem, or do you think it's fine for the most part?

If you are familiar with the aircraft, you mostly, if not always, fly with throttle and boost unlinked. But then again, as soon as you climb a bit, you can basically leave throttle full open all the time until you want to slow down/land.

But if you only have on throttle axis, flying with linked throttle/boost is fine.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, razo+r said:

If you are familiar with the aircraft, you mostly, if not always, fly with throttle and boost unlinked. But then again, as soon as you climb a bit, you can basically leave throttle full open all the time until you want to slow down/land.

But if you only have on throttle axis, flying with linked throttle/boost is fine.

so what i get from that, is that single throttle is good enough, but dual throttle would still be better?!

With throttle and boost lever linked, in certain situations you lose power compare with throttle and boost lever unlinked and controlled separately, as @razo+r said from certain alt throttle can be wide open and boost regulated only via boost lever.

Reason why this is happening is that P-47 uses 2 ways of forced induction devices, first is supercharger build in engine it self and turbocharger installed at rear, this is why you have 2 levers responsible for boost.

Edited by grafspee
  • Thanks 1

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

29 minutes ago, twistking said:

so what i get from that, is that single throttle is good enough, but dual throttle would still be better?!

Exactly. Single throttle is okay, dual throttle is better.

Edited by razo+r
  • Thanks 1