Mission 3 always getting shutdown by SAM since last update

Eagleflieger

Hello Raven One players, 

I did start to play yesterday Raven One again after 6 months and I am getting always shutdown by the SAM even when I am flying very fast and slow I did not remember I did the south to north low pass before an half year in an another way like now, I would guess their is definatly an issue with that ! 

An another issue is that I can't see the year even when on an 3000ft.

Do you deploy countermeasures when you see the launch?

I was shot down by it the first time (when it caught me by surprise) but the second time I was able to evade it. Maybe try a practice mission where there are MANPADs that you can practice avoiding them. They aren't very maneuverable.

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

By SAM you mean the MANPAD at specific point? Never had trouble evading it but maybe something changed with how it works in DCS. Not much I can do about it short of disabling the SAM, but If they became too lethal it will be fixed with next update. If it really is a problem maybe turn invincibility to on for this one mission?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I did it Sunday and while it was a close thing I didn't have any trouble evading it. Hard right turn and dumped countermeasures and it missed. Had them set to semi auto and didn't make any other changes to the programs or anything else with the countermeasures.

Did this mission yesterday, spotted the missile, engines idle, break and dumped flares and evaded it. Highly recommend setting at least program 1 in the counter measure programs if you haven't already so you can dump flares quickly with a quick press of aft counter measure dispense.