Cannot hear people with voice chat

Raptor05121

So some other squad mates can hear me, but I cannot hear anything. A good chunk of our squadron is also having this issue.

I don't have the 7.1 selection as others have said.

image.png

• Like 2

-Alex

i9-12900K | RTX3080 | 32GB DDR4 | Water Cooled | Logitech X56 | TrackIR5 | 34" MSI Curved Widescreen 3440x1440

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GORNYAK said:

Could you check again, please?

Last weekend I checked all was correctly set, VC interface working, PTT correclty mapped (even tried with Mic always on), VC interface integrated microphone test working...then entered a server with VC enable, nothing.

Thing I remember pretty well is that - when I used to use VC all the times (and it was working, so until more than 1 year ago) releasing the PTT made some little "static" noise come up too, nothing heard anymore after VC stopped working.

Question1: do you thing that having SRS installed - even if with auto start not ticked - could have any influence on VC? In any case, for me VC stopped working even before I installed and tried SRS (that works fine instead).

Questions2: could you confirm me back which ports need to checked and be Udp/Tcp open?

Anyway, I will certainly check it again today/tomorrow and report you back.

Thanks

• ED Team
19 минут назад, TomcatFly сказал:

Question1: do you thing that having SRS installed - even if with auto start not ticked - could have any influence on VC? In any case, for me VC stopped working even before I installed and tried SRS (that works fine instead).

No, SRS should not affect.

19 минут назад, TomcatFly сказал:

Questions2: could you confirm me back which ports need to checked and be Udp/Tcp open?

In the last OB patch, there was an improvement in terms of VC works. Please check if VC is enabled on the server?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GORNYAK said:

No, SRS should not affect.

In the last OB patch, there was an improvement in terms of VC works. Please check if VC is enabled on the server?

Hi,

good news: just tried VC again, SRS installed and of course not connected to any server, and it just works great now!! After 1 year that I had it not working...nothing has changewd on my pc and network, only last DCS OB update it would seem...

Tested in good old "normal" mode and aqlso in Integrated Modes that I really like and prefer for obvious reasons.

Voice quality is fantastic too and it's super the possibility to play with mic input volume and master voluem directly by VC window.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try it with another friend, in another place and of course with another network and let's see. Even with him, VC is not working anymore since quite long time, so we'll see...

Which UDT/TCP port is now using VC? Just to check on my friend's router in case we'll have issues...is it 10308, same one used by MP servers or better to check is 5002, 5003 or other ports are open too?

Thank you

• ED Team
02.04.2022 в 02:15, TomcatFly сказал:

Which UDT/TCP port is now using VC? Just to check on my friend's router in case we'll have issues...is it 10308, same one used by MP servers or better to check is 5002, 5003 or other ports are open too?

There is no need to open individual ports for VC. Only open port for the server.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GORNYAK said:

There is no need to open individual ports for VC. Only open port for the server.

Hi, 
just tried with another friend, with whom I fly often and with whom since almost 1 year we were not able to use VC anymore, and now VC it's working great wihtout anyone of us changing anything in our PC's configs and so on! So, on our side, I'd say that last OB 30/03 update solved the VC issue and this is great!

Edited by TomcatFly
  • Thanks 1