Clouds look amazing lately

Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

They’ve definitely worked on the atmospherics. There are now subtleties that never existed before at all times of day. I’ve been flying with my nose pressed against the windscreen lately saying: Wow! Wow!

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The old clouds had bad albeit somewhat amusing artifacts and didn't look like clouds. New clouds are gorgeous.  I expect the will iron out the pixelation, meanwhile I'd say it's been an outstanding quality of life improvement and definitely adds a factor to game play

• Like 1

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 2 months later...

While the clouds look fantastic, on my end they still wobble around - I'm 2D only and it can be quite disorientating, particularly in and around the mountains.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

In VR, I think the clouds look fine as long as you fly during the day.

However, if you fly at dusk or dawn they shimmer horribly which is a shame since dusk and dawn usually look the best in DCS…

• Like 3

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate

The clouds look ok at medium range, up close they lack details and at a distance (out at the horizon) they become thin, blurry and smeared and jitterings. Looks strange.

Also, what happened with the rest of the clouds they were to add? Haven't seen anything since last years cloud announcement. Would really like if they completed it.

Edited by b0bl00i
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 3:56 PM, lax22 said:

In VR, I think the clouds look fine as long as you fly during the day.

They're not fine. They have stairs on the upside while no problem with their bottoms. They also don't compare to 2d clouds with better granularity and contrast. Is this even in the works for a fix?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, draconus said:

They're not fine. They have stairs on the upside while no problem with their bottoms. They also don't compare to 2d clouds with better granularity and contrast. Is this even in the works for a fix?

If set to Ultra, they are fine in VR for me. Not good or great but fine.

Since the high fidelity 737 came out, I have been playing MSFS more than DCS and while the MSFS clouds look great from a distance, they are horribly pixelated in VR when you're up close to them.

Kinda the exact opposite from DCS where the clouds look better up close than from a distance.

Edited by lax22

System: 7800X3D / Asus RTX 4090 OC / 64GB 3600mhz / Pimax Crystal / VKB GF3 Ultimate